Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MoFo, day 12: Smoked Paprika Roasted Almonds

Hey guys! Today's recipe is another quickie snack, as I worked with what I had on hand. Tomorrow's post will be a little more in-depth, as I finally went grocery shopping today. I get so caught up in buying and making what I need for the posts that I forget I need to eat and prepare other meals as well.
To tide me over between forgotten meals, though, are these Smoked Paprika Roasted Almonds from Ashley at Edible Perspective (scroll to the bottom of the page and, uh, don't mind the butter...)


Tossed with spices, salt, and oil and then roasted in the oven for half an hour, these are probably the easiest snack you can make while still having it be pretty impressive. And addictive.
I try not to snack on nuts straight too often because of the fat content and when I do, they're raw. However, these are a nice treat. The almonds get crunchy in the oven and the flavorings can be adjusted. I scaled the recipe back to 1 cup, and it might have thrown the spices off a little because these mostly tasted spicy (hot) to me rather than smoky from the paprika.
Nothing a few more shakes can't help...


They're also really pretty, I think, and would make a nice holiday (or whenever) gift.
What's your favorite nut?

10 comments:

  1. Spicy nuts sound good to me! We don't eat them very often, either.

    My favorite nut is pistachios. I could eat a lot of those in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted nuts are some of my favorite snacks, so I also try to limit myself when I have them around. This spiced version sounds tasty. I love nuts--especially almonds, my favorite--and pretty much any dish containing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum these sound great! I've really been enjoying nuts as a snack lately, especially spicy ones. My favs are almonds and cashews but I love walnuts in my oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flavored nuts WOULD be a good holiday gift. Thanks for the idea. I don't think I have a favorite nut. I try to eat a Brazil nut or two or three a day. I use cashews a lot in sauces, etc. And I usually put walnuts on my breakfast. But for fun, maybe pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really good. I've been eating some cayenne-lemon almonds the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and delicious snacks are important, especially with holidays just around the corner and bowls needing to be filled. These would make a great snack to have out while people are arriving for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had roasted nuts in ages! I'm trying to get into spiced things too but it's really hard for me for whatever reason. I grew up around spicy Indian food so I'm the oddball in my family.

    My favourite nuts are almonds and walnuts, but I love macadamia nuts too. I just never eat those because they're so bloody expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, I love nuts! These sound great. I usually eat nuts raw too, but I agree toasted nuts make a great treat. My favorite nuts are Brazil and walnut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore smoked paprika and the almonds look really great! i think they'd be perfect for tasty gifts, and perfect in my belly. :)

    as for my favorite nut: brazil nuts. hands down. so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm smoked paprika. I've been using it on everything lately - and adding it to almonds will have to by my next venture. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.