Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Let the MoFo Begin!

First off, Happy World Vegetarian Day. Secondly, let's celebrate the entire month with one better; the return of Vegan MoFo! This is bound to be a busy but fun and delicious month. I hope to still comment as much as possible, and read as many vegan blogs as possible, and bookmark lots of cool stuff, and "meet" new vegan people, while not eating entirely too much or burning myself out on blogging.
In the vegan community spirit, I decided my MoFo theme would be other bloggers' recipes. I will be making one meal a day using a recipe online.
I considered not including bloggers who were published, but that would cut out some great folks like Hannah Kaminsky, Isa Moskowitz, and Dynise Balcavage, to name a few. Instead, I'm recreating recipes at least found online by people who have a strong internet presence - that way, if you are so inclined, you can recreate the recipe too.

Anyway, I am excited and let's get started with a cool smoothie while it's still kind of warm but with a perfect for fall flavor. This is Oh She Glows' Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.


I'm pretty sure that Angela is not a new name for most of you but is perhaps one of those bloggers who you see post so many (too many!) delicious sounding recipes, and they all pile up but you never get to them. This is a quick, easy recipe and so, so tasty. A great place to start from a really talented lady.
To be honest, it was a bit thicker than I usually drink my smoothies, and the half-banana didn't quite make the smoothie sweet enough but this was still really good. I upped the spices, and added more ice and extra molasses! Topped with coconut, this was really filling. It held me over for about 4 1/2 hours, which is usually unheard of with a smoothie.


I will definitely be returning to this one.

20 comments:

  1. Yum! What a perfect recipe to start October/MoFo! Sounds delicious and looks so pretty too! I'm excited to see what other recipes are you going to be re-creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to post about other blogger's recipes. I love it! The smoothie looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. Very exciting smoothie shout out. I confess to not going to popular blogs like 'Oh She Glows' cuz I'm too far behind to know what everyone is talking about on her site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Angela's recipes but I haven't ever gotten around to making any of them. This smoothie looks really awesome though. I still have one tin of pumpkin from Sarah so I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when Angela posted this, and you're right, too many recipes get lost. Thanks for bringing the long buried treats to the surface again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I plan on hopefully getting around to making some other bloggers recipes too. I just have a hard time following any recipe, haha. I rarely make anything twice and use recipe books for inspiration. However, this one looks delicious and like it's most definitely worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a perfect fall smoothie! Whenever October comes, it feels like it's just time to rediscover pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super yummy! I remember when you posted about this smoothie a while back, and that brought me over to her site. So, really it's thanks to you that I know about Angela! :) Pumpkin has to be my absolute favorite food for fall (woo hoo - alliteration!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The molasses on top almost looks like the peace sign. Sounds like a really yummy take on a smoothie. The color is gorgeous.

    Happy MoFoing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely smoothie! Happy Vegan MoFoing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, that looks like heaven in a glass!

    I love how you're making other bloggers' recipes. I have about one million bookmarked, so I'll be waiting with baited breath to see if you cook any of 'em up! Great MoFo idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT theme and PUMKIN PIE SMOOTHIE!!!
    NOM!

    Happy MoFo'ing
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Love it, kind of a Greatest Hits theme - perfect for this Vegan Month of Food! It's only been a day, and my tiny plastic co-writers and I are already excited about the cross pollinating that's goin' on between we bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fantastic! I never need an excuse to make something with pumkin in it especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great minds think alike - bring on the bloggers' goodnesses!

    i am most excitedfaced to see what recipes you enjoy this MoFo - afterall, i'll have worked my way through a few recipes so there will be a need for some new ones to try out and enjoy as well.

    awesome all around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, everyone. It's kind of funny to take credit for re-making someone else's work but, okay!

    Shen, I totally hear you on the Big Name Blogger thing. It's a little intimidating. I like to read the comments page and find more manageable blogs from there, haha.

    Isobelle, do they not sell pumpkin up by you? It's worth seeking out because while this was a tasty smoothie, there is SO MUCH you can do with it!

    Nikki, I'm usually the same way about playing with recipes, that's what made this month a challenge! Although, I typically only recreate recipes that speak to me on a kindred level anyway, so I don't NEED to mess around too much ;)

    Rose, you're right! Kind of like coffee-foam art. Nice new picture, by the way!

    JD, if you want, send some bookmarked ones over! I have my plans but they can be subject to change :)

    Jakethy! Plastic co-writers! That's awesome.

    Jessy, likewise. I'm totally checking back to see what I need to re-bookmark from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo I love thicker smoothies, but yeh I'd probably but at least another banana in there.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the chocolate art- pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's great to resurrect the ghosts from blogging past. Too many great recipes just sit there gathering dust in the archives. This punk-in is well worth digging up. Thank you for posting.( please note that my comment is a crappy attempt at a Halloween theme)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.