Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zucchini Spaghetti Pesto Party!

Woo fun new stuff but first the old workhorses:


Breakfast: Overnight oats with chia seeds, topped with banana, raisins, and walnuts. A classic.
I snacked on a delicious, drippy nectarine at around 12:30.


Lunch: Salad with Green Goddess Dressing, baby carrots (unpictured). I had half a Naked Green Juice at around 5 to hold me over for a while because I was meeting my friend after work. We got some iced tea and sat in the park. When I got home, though, I was ready for dinner. I had a bizarre dream (one of many) last night that G's hand was bleeding and I asked him what had happened and he said he cut his hand on the spiralizer. Oddly enough, that made me want to use it. And so:


Yay! The contraption is no longer a waste of plastic sitting in my kitchen, but has actually been used! And once we figured out how to switch the blades, it was so easy and fun to use. Does anyone else have a spiralizer? What else do you use it for? What can I spiralize?! Anyway, I topped the zucchini pasta with sliced red pepper and the garlic scape pesto from the other day. It was so delicious I went back for another guilt-free plate and topped the pasta with tomato, pesto, and nutritional yeast. So, so good! I found a new raw un-cookbook at work today that I'll probably get next week, so maybe there will be some good new raw ideas in there. The dehydrator is next on my to-tackle list.
Dessert was a little less guilt-free, a handful of raw cashews, chocolate chips, and raisins. But it was good too.

Anyone else have any food dreams lately?

8 comments:

  1. That title does get you in a party mood! Looks great! I hope your dream isn't prophetic for G's sake.

    I've been meaning to get a spiralizer because they sound fun and the resulting meals always look so fresh and good. I've seen other people spiralize daikon, which I thought sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a way with salads — seeing pictures of yours always makes me want to chomp some lettuce.

    I have two different mandolines that can make thin shreds, but I've always lusted after a spiralizer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one eventually — the Benriner, same brand as my mandoline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recycled salad photo from July 7th! For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I don't spriralize! I am waiting until I move and get a bigger kitchen before I get any new gadgets. I have a long list of wants.

    I don't usually dream about food. I do have crazy dreams, though. Your dessert combo sounds like a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those zucchini noodles look SO GOOD. I've been debating a spiralizer for a while. This post is pushing me toward the yes side :) And Your oats look totally noms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose, daikon is a great idea! I've never had it but I've always wanted to. Thanks!

    Andrea, I just looked up the Benriner slicer and the first pictures that come are a green slicer! So cute.

    Shen, you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't slacked off and read four days' posts in one day! But, yes, I am shamed.

    Jessica, my tiny kitchen is quite overwhelmed too. It's probably healthier not to be obsessed with food to the point of dreaming about it. But I do quite enjoy all kinds of dreams.

    VAVA, thanks, they were really tasty. You would probably do well with a spiralizer since you want to get more into raw food. You can find them online for pretty cheap, too; usually about 20-35 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh! The only thing worse than recycled photos would be allowing some purveyor of designer knockoffs to appear to be a legitimate commenter. But that would really be stooping to a new low.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Gucci Outlet is cute. A real boost to my low self esteem.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.