Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Usual, as Usual

Do you ever load your pictures for the day onto your computer and only then realize what you ate for the day? If you had asked me an hour ago, I wouldn't have been able to tell you - which is weird for someone who constantly menu plans and thinks obsessively about foods and lists. But if I had to have taken a guess, I'd have said oats and salad, and - well - whaddaya know:


Overnight oats with chia seeds, strawberries, banana, and a few blobs of raw strawberry cashew cream (soaked raw cashews blended with lemon juice, ginger, raw agave syrup, water, and strawberry).
I snacked on half a Naked Green juice and some blueberries around noon.
Lunch was a salad, duh:


Romaine, carrot, zucchini, tomato, and tempeh in creamy herb dressing.
I ate a Crisp Pink apple while running errands madly at 5.
And, finally, dinner was another salad - but one I wouldn't usually make and am really pleased with:


Spinach, sliced strawberries, raw sunflower seeds, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes in the herb dressing mixed with mustard. The strawberry/spinach mix was half inspiration from Sarah Kramer's salad way back in May that I never made, and half inspiration from the delicious but quickly going bad strawberries in my fridge (why do berries go bad so fast??) The cucumber was cooling, the sunflower seeds were an awesome flavor and crunch and the herb dressing (I really like it, not to toot my own horn) was even better mixed with the spicy dijon mustard. I actually really recommend this combination for a salad.
Plus! As you can see, I ate the salad while reading Kendy's zine, The Easy Vegan. We traded after she saw my zine on Kala's blog. I only sent mine out today but I loved reading this! There is a cat picture (!) included among recipes for not only food, but beauty products as well, which is cool. Thanks, Kendy. In related news, Molly (you all know Molly, I'm sure) also reviewed my zine, Marmalade Umlaut. I really appreciate her kind words as well as the review of Panda with Cookie's zine which I am NOW about to go check out.
Have I mentioned how much I love the vegan blog/zine world? You guys are great.

4 comments:

  1. hoping one day i could cook the snacks like as yours....jaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of all of your raw foodiness. I'm planning to try an all raw week for the end of August when I take a week off from the gym so I'm definitely taking notes from all of your yumminess! Your meals are always so pretty and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Prada Handbags Sale! She thinks your food is cooked! Sad;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the addition of fresh strawberries in the salad - dually noted!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.