Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pretty, Tasty

I was trying to do a lighter eats day after the stupidity of yesterday. Breakfast:


Overnight oats with chia seeds, nectarine and blueberries.


I had a snack of a banana.
Lunch was a salad with roasted red pepper hummus. Later, some baby carrots.
When I got home I ate some chips and salsa and made garlic scape pesto using the recipe on Lindsay's blog. I halved the recipe, added a squirt of lemon juice and some spinach to the basil (from our plant!) to add nutrition and bulk.


Whole wheat fusili with garlic scape pesto, served on top of baby spinach with raw zucchini, tomato, olives, and black pepper. I am also defrosting ONE berry brownie.

11 comments:

  1. Nice light eats! Perfect for a hot summer day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're making the most of all the gorgeous summer produce...and food from your own plants is always a bonus! I'm loving garlic scapes at the moment...after you mentioned having them in salad a few days back (and the resulting garlic breath) I've taken your cue and have been just been eating them in salads...super yum! The pest sounds great with that combo of veggies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o...there's the missing 'o' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow........the food rounds very delicious,i am a bit hungry now,what should i do my blogger- -

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love overnight oats with chia seeds and I'm happy that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, look at all that gorgeous produce!!!

    So yum!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is both pretty and tasty looking. The tomato and olive salad looks especially good. Are all the brownies cut before going into the freezer? 'Cause you can just cut bigger pieces if you only want to eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I have days like that, where I have to eat super-healthy all day because I totally blew the day before...food looks nice! But I would have eaten two brownies and all the leftovers the night before too. I'm with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks VAVA, the nectarine is definitely my preferred summer fruit.

    Rose, do you chop them raw into the salads? I made them in a dressing today instead of chives and it worked really well too! The pest was less than delicious, but the pestO was :)

    Thanks, Niki. I'm glad you stopped by to say so.

    LS, they don't call me the produce fiend queen for nothin'! (Actually no one calls me that. But I wish they did.)

    Jessica, I like your thinking! If it's all in one piece it totally counts as one brownie.

    Bianca, that is constantly my life.

    Molly, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to add 'bulk' to your post as well -- posting a pic of the oatmeal twice. Critter and/or flower pics work just as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.