Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Everyday Eats, Cookbook Club 4.2

Breakfast was awesome. I picked up some groceries yesterday and fully stocked up on frozen fruit, greens, protein powder and bananas, I made...the exact same smoothie I did yesterday morning when I had only the last of a few random things.


Amazing Grass Chocolate Meal, 1 frozen banana, frozen blueberries, spinach, green tea, and some dried coconut. Of course I spilled some on my shirt and left the house wondering if my teeth were blue but the smoothie was WORTH IT.
Lunch was also the exact same as yesterday's: coleslaw with tomatoes and escarole. However, I had a bag of cherries instead of vegetable sticks. I also had the other half of the Naked Acai drink.
I've been feeling a bit blobby and "down" these past few days so I resolved to work out a bit when I got home (but not without a snack first):


Carrot and zucchini sticks with hummus. I also had two unpictured dates.

Unfortunately my knees have been aching lately so I passed up a run in favor of one of the exercise DVDs I got a while back, Denise Austin's Shrink Your Fat Zones Pilates.
I felt a little dumb listening to her talk about back fat and arm jiggle and looking great in a backless dress but I definitely worked up a good sweat by the end of it (the DVD is divided into three 20 minute work-outs for different zones of your body and I did all three in a row). The lady's been around for a long time now and I guess she knows what she's doing. Do you guys recommend any workout DVDs?
I showered and had a bowl of kale salad:


Kale, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Then I drank a lot of frickin water.
Dessert was another Kind Diet recipe for Raw Balls. There are countless variations of this recipe in so many books and on so many websites but they're something I never actually took the time to make. But now I am SO glad I did. They are basically dates, cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup, almonds and walnuts food processed together and rolled in coconut. I did tweak a few things, just by cutting back amounts.


And they are damn good. G is a big fan too. That's the second healthy way to get your chocolate fix for the day!

8 comments:

  1. OMG those raw balls look so yummy!!! and I'm obsessed with hummus. I should eat some very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue teeth are underrated...that smoothie does sound good, love the perspective shot.

    I have to say, those chocolate balls are enticing; I'm not a sweets person so to speak, but I think I could easily devour my fair share of those.

    I got a Bollywood dance workout DVD a few months ago...and it's pretty fun as far as workout DVDs go...you can also pick up some cool Bagra moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raw choco balls look lovely. The Kind Diet is on my wish list, along with a number of other books.

    I've still yet to try smoothies with green vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love raw chocolate desserts- so yummy! On the subject of workouts, the Jillian Michaels is pretty dang serious. I work out every day, and starting her workouts still threw me for a loop. It's getting better as I go along. My other favorites are Jackie Warner and Cindy Whitmarsh, and they are both butt-kickers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another impressive day! (Although the 70's exercise tape kinda stopped the momentum a bit).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember Denise Austin. Sometimes I cruise netflix streaming for workout tapes but I have no input for you there.

    Kale and avocado are two of my favorite things, yet I have not enjoyed them together. Yeah, I'm learning the most basic things on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely making those raw balls! Sounds like the perfect raw treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, where's today's post?? I'm all ready to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.