Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

MoFo Uno

Happy MoFo and Happy NoVo (November, get it?).
I always got upset that calendars have Sunday as the first day of the week when it's OBVIOUSLY Monday and it being Monday and it being MoFo and it being the first day of my, well, week IFYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN, I figure this is the perfect time to start a new, clean theme.
Which kind of started off on the wrong foot. I ate a lot of sweets today, I ate a lot of bready things today but let's not talk about that. G is catching a bit of a cold, I feel crappy from eating all that garbage today and I'd like to keep away any sicknesses floating about, so let's just talk about dinner:


Chickpea-Noodle Soup with chickpeas (duh), noodles (duh), zucchini, carrot, tomato, and spinach. In a base of vegetable broth, water, onion and garlic. I also threw in a spoonful of pesto, which needs to be finished soon.
I went grocery shopping for the week (or however long it'll last us) and now we're all ready to start November off in a healthy, happy way. Tomorrow will be cleaner eats, I prom!

OH BUT! Way to start the month: I met G for lunch at a falafel place, which he says is the best in the city and I can believe it and whoooo was there eating next to us but Mike D from the Beastie Boys!

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't pressure yourself to eat cleaner, I'm sure even your bready and sweet eats are of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say, "I'm Mike D, and I get respect. Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect."

    You kind of wanted to, didn't you? Did you say hi?

    One lonely Beastie I be, all by myself without nobody, the sun is beating down on my baseball cap...

    it's going to be stuck in my head now for the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I should have.. I just kind of crammed myself into the corner and tried not to get hummus all over my face while sneaking looks at him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup looks like comfort in a bowel mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.