Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Raw Week, day 2

The headache went away nicely. I even got a little bit of exercising in. I snacked on some grape tomatoes and a banana in between breakfast and lunch, which was this:


I always see cabbage substituted as bread in raw or gluten-free or diet recipes and have wanted to try it for a while now. I finally substituted cabbage leaves for chips in this guacabowle. Ha! Get it? Hum. Anyway, the guacamole was heartier than it would have been other wise because I was still thinking about Greg and my attempt at taco night. I made half-salsa, half-guac: 1/2 avocado (which I finally actually looked up nutritional information for...), chopped onion, chopped red pepper, chopped tomatoes, sea salt, lime juice, and some chopped jalapeno pepper. It was really good. The cabbage was a nice crunchy contrast but didn't give too much support for the dip. I ended up eating the last of it with a spoon.
I had a small nectarine about an hour afterwards.

This was a pretty late meal, around 430 or 5 or something so I almost didn't make dinner butttt THEN I DID. I made a salad around 830, which is a little later than I'd rather eat but I didn't go to bed until 12 so I guess it's fine.

Simple stuff I wanted to use up and not repeat much from lunch: Spinach, carrot, mushroom, broccoli with balsamic vinegar, nooch, and cayenne pepper. This was tasty too and I realized it's probably been a while since I had a fresh salad - sometimes I just pack them for lunch and they get all soggy during the day. The mushrooms soaked up the vinegar nicely too.
Sorry about the crappy photo, and for yet another salad pic. I held off on drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and I'll call you back.