Search This Blog

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Finally Groceries to Fuel the Umlaut

Been home, still grocery-less, so I tried out a new (to me - it's been there a while) bagel shop in the neighborhood. Large iced coffee, everything bagel with tofu cc.

            Bagel wasn't great, maybe it'd be better toasted. But I do appreciate tofu cc in the hood.

made it down to Orchard Grocer and in typical maud fashion stupidly didn't get a delicious looking sandwich or the baked goods that people are raving about, but grabbed a raw kale caesar salad with chickpea croutons. The flavors were all good, the kale was just a little tough. maybe if it had sat in the dressing a little longer. Anyway, I'll be back, and do better.

Finally got my shit together and got some groceries. Still need a few things, but hoping to stop at Trader Joe's soon to fill in the gaps. This run: mushrooms, garlic, ginger, cherry tomatoes, beets, lemons, carrots, kabocha, oranges, onion

                                                 parsley, chard, mint, broccoli, bananas

                                                       roasted up the squash and beets

cooked brown rice, cooked lentils, chopped parsley and mint, added olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes to make this herby, lemony protein saladish thing.

                                                        finished a new umlaut
which I'll have here on Sunday if you're local:


The plating leaves a little to be desired, but I'm a busy lady! Just get it in my mouth!

             Herby rice  + lentils, tahini-miso dressing, roasted beets (I ate one before the pic...)

11 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. I can't believe you get to participate in a feminist zine fest (so cool!!!). Also Orchard Grocer seems cool,I've seen so many posts from it online. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! I've volunteered before but never tabled there. Orchard Grocer probably looks better in the other posts online...

      Delete
  2. Your protein salad looks delicious, almost like a tabouli but with brown rice and lentils added!!
    The Zine fest sounds really great, I wish I was local!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for. mint is something I'd otherwise never add to a dish, but it's so fun.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, a feminist zine fest! How awesome! We had a neighborhood zine fest here where I work this summer, and it was the best. Also, you'll be proud of me – I found a BAGEL GUY who makes real, homemade bagels (that's hard to find down here). I've been steadily ordering bagel stashes and storing in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zine fests are always fun. This should be a good crew of people.
      So happy for you and yr bagels!! Have you tried them yet?

      Delete
  4. eh, you know, not your best post but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to go grocery shopping, I have one apple, a carrot and a teeny handful of spinach hanging out in the fridge and I feel very jealous of your roasted beets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with little, as long as there are roasted beets.

      Delete
  6. Ugh. Nothing worse than a ho-hum bagel! Seriously all raw kale salads MUST be massaged and sit for several hours before humans can eat them. that's kind of annoying orchard grocers hasn't figured it out. (FYI the vegan ceasar from by chloe is the best one i have had since pure food and wine/lucky duck went out of business!)

    Your lentil/rice/stuff salad dish is exactly what i wish was always in my fridge. Next to the roasted beets.
    Congrats on the new issue!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.