Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Cheezy

The snow makin me take a turn for the carb-ier & cozier

              Union Square Park - we got about 9 inches: the schools were shut down, but not work

                                                   carob-based "chunks of energy"

                                                                aka beans with spices

  Cheddar daiya grilled cheese with kale sauteed into ranchero beans, plus a side of avocado

                                                             snack for Big Kid like me

                       another day, another grilled cheese - with collards, tomato, and sriracha

                                          reading in bed. water not as cozy as tea, but it'll do

Left the house - actually biked to the gig - to see Judge at a metal bar. They brought it down!!

Two nights later I was back up in the neighborhood (Greenpoint) to see Haram, who I've actually written about before. I love these guys.

Walking back to the train, we passed Screamers vegan pizzeria - Jarrod got two artichoke with fennel sausage slices

I got an I don't even fuckin know slice. This had, like oregano on it or something. It was late, and it was slim pickins and I was not in the best mood so I ended up with an oregano slice of pizza. Haha, whatever.
That's all the catching up I had to do. Hopefully it won't be another 3 weeks before an update.

9 comments:

  1. I need to try a grilled cheese with collards, that sounds so delicious.
    Jarrod's slices look AMAZING, I love fennel and artichokes. Your slice sounds interesting, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you do, I would recommend shredding the collards better than I did - they're tough and if you don't get the right bite it, it collapses. Really they were the only green I had on hand.

      Delete
  2. Ugh at this point snow is no longer magical, we've just had a round of rain and warmer weather that wiped out the town snow, though there's more coming. I keep getting false hope spring is here from the sound of the birds in my hawthorn tree and finally being able to see the ground again, or as my orchardist friend said yesterday 'The sins of garbage they didn't clean up before the snow buried it.' I love carob, the 90's vegan in me has so much nostalgia for it. How's that Solnit? Is it out yet, I see you've got a ARC of it. Dang I wish St Vitus had something going on when we were there, but as it was the Mannes music school kept us busy every night anyway. Lol I love that your oregano slice is even an option, like for the carb purists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love carob too! it's def old school.
      the Solnit is good, I love her in general. This one I think comes out in early April.
      Yeah, you'd probably have enjoyed Vitus but sometimes the shows are hit or miss.

      Delete
  3. That Daiya be melting good! I may need to try it again. The snow looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is pretty but when yr wondering the whole time whether or not yr roof will leak from it, it kind of dulls the pleasure.

      Delete
    2. That is the landlord's worry! The joy of renting.

      Delete
  4. All of the carbs and all of the cheeze during snowy temps! But you worked it off by walking and biking, so there's that! Hopefully the warm weather we've had is making its way to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warm weather has indeed made its way...

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.