Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Winter Whateverland

Hi, hi, quickly - hope you all are well and gearing up for a nice holiday! I'm sliiiiiightly behind schedule, and so - into it:

half-homemade. Bought one of those macro vegetarian boxes of hunan dumplings and split it into 2 servings, adding my own sauteed kale + mushrooms. You cannot live on hunan dumplings alone!

Loitering like a bad kid outside the grocery store....laughing at the rainbow wall of oversized goods.

                                                       Jarrod's seasonal seltzer selection.
It was my birthday recently so Jarrod and I went back to Modern Love. You only live once.

                                                            Apple cider kombucha

Surf & Turf - a new addition since last time: grilled seitan over braised greens, seared radishes, glam chowder, and popcorn cauliflower

                 Mac n' Shews: vegan mac, sauteed kale, buffalo cauliflower, crusted tofu

On the less fancy side of things: morning oats with cacao nibs, dried cranberries, peanut butter, cinnamon, and almond milk. Snow outside the window.

                                                                          the nabe

                                                                             the city

Usually I just make Bustelo coffee but this spiced Wintry Blend from TJ caught my eye the other day. It's subtle! I like it.

                                                   Jarrod's more of a Dunkie's guy himself

             back-up caffeine and decaffeinated hot drinks for the winter.... it's a little out of control

                one more oatmeal bowl: oats, pb, cinnamon, raisins, maple syrup, almond milk
I wonder who'll get sick of the oatmeal first - me eating it, or you guys having to see it over & over. Okay, Merry Christmas AND Happy Hannukah! Stay safe. See you soon.

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Jarrod with the Dunkin Doughnuts!! Happy belated birthday, your meal looked delicious!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! That looks like the ideal romantic birthday dinner. At least you didnt order Salad and breakfast is like dessert for you.

    I guess there is no rush for you to get to work in the morning if you have time to find all those different things to put in your Oatmeal. Raisins AND Maple Syrup seems like too much, but why not I suppose.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, happy belated birthday! I'm glad you were treated well! It looks like an amazing meal, and I'm sure the company wasn't horrible either. :)

    I love oatmeal! Post away!

    I hope you had an enjoyable holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you're making me want oats! With peanut butter! Sounds so good right now. Also, I really, really hope I get to eat at Modern Love someday soon. I don't see it in my near future though. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday — all belated but sincere wishes! Happy New year! (Still on time.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man Happy Be-lated-lated Birthday to you!! <3 I'll never tire of oat bowl pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.