Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Wild Ginger, breakfasts, not-quite leftovers

Jarrod and I took ourselves out to a nice dinner at Wild Ginger in Williamsburg. I had a burgeoning cold and knew exactly what I wanted:

                      Curry noodle soup with veggies, udon, a spicy broth, and spongy tofu
 
                         he got a Malaysian curry stew with soy protein, potatoes, and rice

                                   we followed that up with some beeeeahs at Turkey's Nest

                                                  Hax supervising the coffee making

                               sesame bagel with Tofutti cream cheese and chopped scallion

                                                 different morning: mini pumpkin muffins

 another different morning: oats, chia seeds, strawberries, strawberry jam, almond butter

Still riding out that Thanksgiving food. Technically this wasn't leftovers, but I had extras of the ingredients, so I re-made basically the same dishes, haha. Mashed potatoes with a lot of parsley and garlic.

mushroom-leek-white bean-polenta stuffing, without the polenta. So, just a vegetable melange. Served this over the mashed potatoes, kinda like an upside down shepherd's pie, or mashed potatoes with the veg liquid serving as a gravy. In any case, very good even the second time around.

11 comments:

  1. Achingly envious of Wild Ginger.

    The Mashed Potatoes look excellent.

    Hope the cold lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it did. also Wild Ginger is kinda the same place G and i used to go, but somehow not as good. don't be too jealous

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this amazing food with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my kitties is like Hax and likes to supervise/get in the way of whatever I'm doing on the counter!! All the food looks delicious, especially mashed potatoes with lots of parsley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably train Haxan not to sit on the counters.... but it's too cute

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that veggie medley over the potatoes sounds amazing!! And that soup sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cold cure looks perfect. We used to have a Korean vegan restaurant in Madison that had the perfect cold-cure soup — so spicy and stuffed with veggies. I miss it. I still have a lot of potatoes left in the bag — should probably make some mash before they all sprout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! be careful with those sprouting potatoes. i ate one once and got real sick

      Delete
  6. I wish I was eating bagels and mini muffins right now, I clearly need to get baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd bake some muffins but I depend on others to make me bagels

      Delete
  7. We went to Wild Ginger but it was super hot so all I had was a cold drink and Darby had food, I can't remember what but he liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.