Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Ringing Out the Year

A few Christmas leftover pics... well, rather. pics leftover from Christmas. Ha. I didn't actually take any leftovers.

 I can show this pic without ruining the surprise... got Erica dinosaur shaped pasta for Christmas.

                                                 minor disaster while making the chard tarts

We did a Secret Santa at work and I really lucked out - I got an art chart poster and a gift card to Juice Generation. I also got the gift on a day I had run out of prepped lunches and couldn't decide what to eat. This "Blue magik" drink (Thai Holy Basil, pineapple juice, coconut water, and spirulina) and pad thai were perfect. The pad thai was made with brown rice noodles, shaved green papaya, pomelo, hearts of palm, cabbage, carrots, green mango, tofu, and peauts with a spicy peanut dressing.
 
        In all the madness I finished a new Umlaut to give as gifts. Here is Haxan noshing on one.

a quick snack in lieu of a lunch one day when I guess I'd just had enough breakfast. Good in a pinch, mostly tastes like smoke flavor.

                             a better lunch: tempeh, roast kabocha squash, spinach, sriracha

post-Christmas lunch: cooked tofu, spinach and brussels sprouts, with chickpeas and wild rice, roasted acorn squash, and avocado on the side.

and combined leftovers for lunch yet another day: chickpeas and rice, roast kabocha, tofu, spinach, Brussels, avocado.
Not bad. Not bad at all. What are all yrses plans for New Year?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh that tofu snack bar looks perfect. I need to keep my eyes open for those on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tofu bar and the Pad Thai look so delicious! Your meals always make me crave bowls with lots of stuff! I'm ringing in the new year with my kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great secret Santa gifts! The pad thai looks wonderful. The cover of your new Umlaut is so appealing — both color and design — the recipients must be very pleased. To celebrate the season, our street had a luminaria party where the entire block, both sides, were lined with luminaria, and we met at a neighbor's house for (non-vegan) food and drinks. We're going to the movies today, and to a vegan restaurant open house tomorrow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mega nutritious food. Your Secret Santa must really like you (was it G?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, some random guy from work I don't even often talk to. He done good.

      Delete
  5. I just got home from the farm and the first thing I did was roast two kabochas my mom had given me as a birthday gift! Ah - I'm glad I can catch up on your posts now. We do a Boxing Day secret santa at the farm too (strategically on BD so we can all put in re-gifts, tho I had nothing to re-gift so I put in a vegan chocolate santa)I ended up with a vintage clapper, a bottle of Jagermister and a bag of dry mung beans (this was one gift) then after the game gave the clapper to the person who wanted it most, traded the Jager bottle for the chocolate I'd put in and gave the beans to the kitchen for the next days soup. With the right crowd secret santas are heaps of fun! The dino past is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^ I always think I'm typing too much then I see it and think heh I could have said more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dinosaur pasta are adorable!! What an awesome secret santa gift- and totally great lunch you got with it. How was the holy water?? I haven't tried that one before. The baked tofu snack is so cool, haven't seen that before. Your lunches always look fantastic to me- especially the kabocha squash, that may be my favorite roasted squash
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Holy Water was delicious! Anything with pineapple juice and coconut water are bound to be.

      Delete
  8. Love the Dino pasta! Ha ha! At least the kitchen disaster only ended with a ruined towel...I once started a fire in a skillet (luckily, I wasn't home alone and had help to put it out). Ha! Lots of green in these meals, which is inspiring in my mostly beige coma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Mostly tastes like smoke flavour' is pretty much a description of how all my meals taste when I'm too knackered to cook! The roast kabocha looks disproportionately appealing to me right now - perhaps I have a squash deficiency. I had a double take when I looked at the would-be chard tarts - I thought your kitchen was possessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief! You havent posted since last Saturday! Get on the stick!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.