Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Books, Burritos, Breakfasts

Hiiiiiiii I think i mentioned a while back that I finished a poetry collection. To celebrate, i had a reading with some friends at a local bookstore, Molasses.

                                                       Here I am....in front of CHAOS

 afterwards Jarrod and I got some burritos at Regala. That green salsa for their chips is amazing.

                                        also I love this little altar/set up at the counter seating

                                                                 coffee and books

                                                           coffee and books and cat

Another day, another burrito, crouched on the train platform. It fell apart but I ate it with my hands and it was perfect.

This was such a random assortment of food, but it nourished me before a Negative Approach show. Sauteed broccoli, tomatoes, and spinach on top of cold roasted beets, vegan cheese, with avocado, plus a sriracha-tahini drizzle. I've been buying groceries but not making meals - just throwing together foods. It's bizarre.
Here's not NA, but a local band, Haram, who opened and were incredible.

They sing in Arabic but are anti-Islamist. Read a quite moving interview with the lead singer who was under investiagtion by the FBI because *of course!* every person speaking Arabic must have ties to ISIS, right? If you are interested, the interview is here and you can listen to their albums here. Especially in times like these, with Trump as president-elect, we have to be very vigilant of how Muslims and other people of color, how LGBTQ people, and other marginalized folks are treated. We have to stand up together when anyone is being prejudiced against. This is scary and unknown territory we're getting into.


two different mornings, very similar and satisfying breakfasts. Coconut yogurt, oats, pumpkin, dried cranberries. Top bowl adds almond butter, bottom bowl adds almonds, chia seeds, and sliced banana.

14 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about standing up for all people, especiallly in the next terrifying four years. We have to stay strong and pay attention.
    Exchange the coffee for tea and you have my favorite three things, tea, books and cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea is good too! Yea, coffee, zines/books, cats.... who needs anything more?

      Delete
  2. A collection of poetry?! That is impressive. Are they for sale?

    Any correlation between the poetry and the pic of you crouching on the train platform scarfing a burrito like a starving artist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm selling them at work, and whenever I table at zine fairs. I can send you one if you'd like. I have some zines that I owe you too, don't I? Lost track though of which ones.
      And yes. I spent all my money this year on printing and shipping this dumb book so I'm scrimping and saving these last few weeks... :(

      Delete
    2. Yah made me get up off my fat ass and go look in the bathroom. Last zine I got was July 16.

      Delete
  3. I'm really interested in that green sauce! And I'm all about crouching-burrito-eating time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's incredible! I have a friend who used to take a cup of it home to-go.

      Delete
  4. I think burritos could definitely help us make world peace a reality. In the meantime what a great way to celebrate your poetry collection (!!!!)
    Books and coffee are an excellent pairing, and when you add the cat that's down right perfection.

    Btw i just saw this new all vegan thai place opened on 28th st- the menu is huuuge! Never been to a thai restaurant without a super limited selection and fish sauce doubts
    http://www.maykaidee.com/restaurants/nyc

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That place looks great! Thanks for the lowdown. I also remember you mentioning/suggesting Francia? my folks got me a gift card, so hopefully I'll get there sometime soonish! Do you have any recommendations for that place?

      Delete
  5. This is a special post, mainly because there are two pictures of you. :) But I love the books and burrito, too.

    There really is an increase in hate speech against every group right now, and I agree - we will not be bullied into silence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, still waiting for *any* pictures of you!

      Delete
  6. I came here planning to comment on a new post. Anyway, great looking bowl food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really interested in that green sauce.very nice satisfying breakfasts I like Coconut yogurt, oats, pumpkin, dried cranberries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heading into unknown territory is right, as much as I wanted 2016 to end, the real scary is nigh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.