Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Basics and Treats

Haven't been to a yoga class in a while and it's starting to bother me. I injured my ankle, so I'm practicing at home for now to test the waters.The one problem with that....

                                                                 Well, at least it's cute.

Still going seltzer strong.

I liked this cran-raspberry one better than the passionfruit one. Night snack here with popcorn with salt, nooch, and garlic powder.

With Christmas coming up and trying to save money, I was pretty proud that everyday for the last two weeks I've brought my own lunch. Lots of repeats of this - raw collards, chickpeas, carrots, tomato, bell pepper. I've also stayed out of Whole Foods for the most part with all of its fun unnecessaries.

also a deliberate job of sticking with making my own oatmeal for breakfast...every day....This at least you can change around the additions and toppings. This one was oats, pumpkin, chia seeds, almonds, and banana.

                                                                 a tasty unnecessary

also tasty, slightly more necessary.... but just barely. my tea cabinet is a little out of control these days. But I bought some tea & cookies for a Secret Santa at work and got caught up in the tea aisle.

This was a treat. It actually wasn't even coffee! I probably wrote that to make myself feel better. This is a soy chai latte that I did NOT need but oh well.
met Jarrod to copy some zines for a zine fest we did last Sunday and afterwards we stopped for some cheap Indian platters on 3rd ave.


                 mines, though he ate all my rice because why eat rice when you can have bread

a Lisa Hanawalt print that I bought my aunt for Christmas. Lisa Hanawalt draw Bojack Horseman, which I don't actually watch, and draws comics (many having to do with food) that I really enjoy. Her last book was Hot Dog Taste Test and it was hilarious! I wish my zines could be that funny.

Another homemade lunch on repeat: raw kale, chickpeas, avocado, roasted kabocha squash.
That's all for now. I'll try to get one more post in before Christmas. Happy Holidays guys.

6 comments:

  1. I have a similar problem with at-home yoga, only in my case it's a dog who thinks I only lay on the floor so she can jump on me and lick my face. If it makes you feel any better, we have two out-of-control tea cupboards — one for caffeine and one for herbal. Tahitian vanilla hazelnut sure sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try that Tahitian vanilla tea, how is it? My cat Etta loves to be all over me when I do yoga, and she looks a little like Haxan too! I always joke with her that I should have named her Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tahitian Vanilla is very nice. Recommended for sure.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, why eat rice when you can have bread? YES! Truth. Also, your pics always remind me that I need more avocado in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I lay down on the floor my dog thinks it's because I want her to lay on top of me. Can't convince her otherwise ...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.