Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Gettin Through the weeks

breakfast:

                         coffee, blueberry soy yogurt with oats, almonds, dried cranberries


         sauteed broccoli, tempeh with Braggs, roasted sweet potato, all dusted with cayenne

tired feet post-protest march on Wednesday. a friend and I let lose some frustration and fury at the results of the election by running up the streets of manhattan yelling. We found tiny pumpkins on display outside some bougie store and held them above our heads, trying to channel feeling any bit of power. It's hard to know what else to do right now, just be good to the good people around you.

miso soup with some sweet potato blended into the broth. also: spinach, scallion, carrot, seaweed, tofu

                                                currently reading. It's giving me some hope.

soft ginger molasses cookie that you can find in some delis around the city. Not bad, huge and very sweet.
Hope everyone is doing alright. Stay strong.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried running down the street screaming — did it help? There will be a big march on Jan. 21 in Seattle, same as in D.C., and I plan to be there. Four years seems like such a horribly long time.

    You've hit several of the foods I've been craving lately — yogurt with blueberries, tempeh and sweets, and miso soup. Miso soup is comfort food to me — my vegan version of chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we did it within the context of an anti-Trump protest, so hopefully the force in numbers of others doing the same helped. Am thinking of going down to DC on Jan 20 as well.
      miso soup is a standard for me, as you probably know. It's so fantastic.

      Delete
  2. I am right there with you. I just can't believe this happened. I feel so helpless and frustrated, and I agree with Andrea, four years feels like way too long. Miso soup sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to know what to do. Strength to you.

      Delete
  3. It was a terrible result for humanity, really. I have a horrible feeling we'll be needing screaming and cookies for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm even willing to give up the cookies if it changed anything.

      Delete
  4. We're pretty shell shocked up here too and the adviser appointments are so horrendous it's dystopian. There are protests in the cities here (focusing on the anticipated wave of environmental deregulation) but I've heard nothing going on in my rural-r area, would have felt good to gather with like minded folks and scream through the streets, instead there's just been a lot of gathering and talking/crying in our book shop. This plague at least is going to face a resistance it's never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a horrible situation that seems to get worse by the day. The administration appointments, the tweeting about nonsense, the creepy children wanting to be involved and the relentless bragging. It is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.