Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2016

By Chloe, balanced with vegetables

some vegetables before I overwhelm you with sugar:

                                     rice, broccoli & black beans, avocado, baba ganoush
my friend J and I met up on monday to talk about politics and vegan food. He has been to the new Chloe Coscarelli bakery now a few times and can't stop going back for mini pies. I joined him to legitimize his gluttony. And indulge in some myself.

                                 banana coconut cream pie (mines), chocolate cream pie (his)

eaten, plus a red velvet cupcake. The chocolate sprinkles on top may have looked like rat droppings but it tasted fine. OK, better than fine. Very good. Gluttony legitimized.

                                   we didn't eat these: pecan pies, pumpkin pies, apple pies
                                       ///////Back to yr regularly scheduled programming!!!///////

 ramen with miso broth, tofu, seaweed, scallion, jalapeno, mushroom, avocado, and sesame oil.

                                        chickpeas, tahini + nooch roasted Brussels sprouts

   sauteed spinach, onion, mushrooms, and tofu, plopped post-photo with baba ghanoush

                                                             Lil Hax stealin my water

13 comments:

  1. I haven't had banana cream pie since going vegan, and man you just reminded me how much I miss it! Everything looks delicious, sweet and savory. My kitties do the same thing with my water!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I ever used to eat it non-vegan but i certainly like it a lot these days.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love both the sweet and the savory! We are officially in soup season, so it's time to break out the kombu strips and make some broth. Mmm...pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love broth season! Have you seen those sipping savory teas? I'm intrigued

      Delete
  3. Is that Sisyphus pushing a bagel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is a cop pushing a donut up a hill, much like Sisyphus.

      Delete
  4. Ozzy does that with my water too! Out of my 6 cats, he's the only water stealer. I think he likes the ice. Also, I like the look of that ramen bowl!! Need to start adding avo to mine. And all those bowls with baba ganoush sound amazing right now. I'm starting to crave really healthy bowls like that, probably bc I know we're entering the gluttonous holiday season and it'll probably be awhile before I can really eat super healthy like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I work the other way around - like why don't I eat all this holiday food more often?

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness there isn't a by chloe near my work or apartment, i love the savory menus as well as all of the baked goods i have tried! (But really chloe..?? $9 for a mini pie is insane)
    That ramen bowl looks fantastic! I am having a serious baba ghanoush moment right now- the bodega a block away has new middle eastern owners and they make it fresh every day :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's expensive, luckily I had some money left on a gift card. And they are soo good.
      I always forget how much i love baba ghanoush!

      Delete
  6. Wowzers! I would take those little Pies home and just focus on them alone.

    Great looking bowl food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly adorable. And I guess they offer whipped cream for the ones that don't have it as well.

      Delete
  7. I have two of Chloé's cookbooks, and everything I've baked has been excellent. I don't doubt her bakery is addictive. Seeing the little pies makes me want to go bake some, right now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.