Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Salads & more Screamers Pizza

Kale salads:

                            kale, shredded carrot, tomato, onion, avocado, nooch, chickpeas

                                             same as above, plus beet-horseradish hummus

                                    banana, acai, spinach, almond milk, lemon juice + rind

by mid-week I'd run out of prepared lunches. Luckily I ran into Jarrod on the street and we went to Little Atlas. This is artichoke, vegan chick, and roasted red peppers.
Friday night we went to see Purge: The Election Year (reccommended!!!) and biked up to Screamer's afterwards:

                                    my slices: buffalo cauliflower, vegan ham & pineapple

                                             J's spicy pesto with seitan, and a buffalo slice

Jarrod also dropped by one afternoon to give me cookies because he is the best. These were Divvies' oatmeal cookie cream sandwiches. They were good but super sweet. He had one, I had one, and I gave the last to a friend at work. Thank you Jarrod. HOW WILL I EVER REPAY YOU??

7 comments:

  1. Beet hummus is the prettiest - it makes a salad look like it's going for a fancy night out. I'm having Screamers envy. If I had a vegan friendly pizzeria near me, I'd be down there all the time. They'd have to get me out with a crowbar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's gorgeous! I'd want that beet hummus shade ball gown if I wanted any ball gown at all.
      Screamers is dangerous for sure. We've already been there twice and it's only been open about a month. Luckily, it's not like getting hooked on some upscale place.

      Delete
  2. Great looking avocado in those salads! The pizza slices are making me so jealous! I need to channel my inner Miss Rachel and make a homemade version soon.

    Good work, Jarrod! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, avocados have been good lately.
      I would NEVER have the patience to make my own pizza, well, maybe the patience but not the talent. The crust is always too puffy, the toppings never quite right, you have to wait to long for the rise and the baking etc etc... but more power to you if you make yr own!

      Delete
  3. That pizza looks incredible! A buffalo cauliflower slice sounds amazing. The salads are lovely as always and I agree with Ingrid, that avocado is perfect! That might also be the smoothest looking smoothie I've seen in a while too :)

    I haven't commented in a while, I hope that you have been well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my Kmart blender is still blending away after all these years, I'm so proud.
      Hope you've been well too!

      Delete
  4. If my man brought me vegan cookies, I would not share. You are getting spoiled rotten!

    You two seem to love the summer sequels.

    I cant believe someone else besides you would buy Beet Horseradish Hummus. As Seinfeld would say, "who are these people?!"

    Hopefully, Screamers will be so popular it will expand into a chain and one day I too will get to experience it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.