Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Eating Out x3

Have NOT been great about making my own food lately. But let's start with one meal I prepared:

and a pretty good one. spaghetti, broccoli, mushrooms in a tahini-miso sauce with red pepper flakes, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger. only thing is, next time I'd saute the mushrooms first but this was quick.

 WF salad bar lunches have been typical this week. Soy nuggets, steamed kale, roasted squash, tomatoes, tahini sauce.

              saw Ghostbusters with a friend, drank this peach flavored seltzer on the way home.
Jarrod's parents visited for a day; we met them at Champs.

    For me, a French toast slam with scramble, tempeh bacon, hash browns, and veggie links.

                                              Jarrod got a country-fried seitan sandwich.
We went down to Brooklyn Bridge Park to catch a ferry out to Governor's Island, on which the Parks Department is re-building.

Really nice day all around, I think. It was nice to meet them and a beautiful day (if a little hot)
Jarrod and I were starved after walking around all day and headed to Toad Style for dinner afterwards.

                                                          he got the cheeseburger

I finally got the bahn mi that he usually gets and raves about. The filling is fried mushrooms! It's really good.
That's all for now. more summer outings to come.

11 comments:

  1. That chicken fried seitan sandwich sounds AMAZING. Also, I'm now craving Whole Foods soy nuggets. They're so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does! I should venture away from the 2 things I always order at Champs and try something like that next time.

      Delete
  2. Were I not already taken, I would at this point feel duty bound to propose to that french toast arrangement. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! It looks skimpy, kinda, but I couldn't finish the plate. And the French toast itself was so perfect.

      Delete
  3. The nation is under full summer heat, so I think not heating up your kitchen is wise! Let the restaurant kitchens do the cooking! Great looking meals all around. Hope you are keeping cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying!! The top floor of the building gets very hot, I'm mostly worried for Haxan.

      Delete
  4. You picked Soy Nuggets off the WF's Salad Bar?! Thought you didnt go for the faux meats. Methinks this is the boyfriends influence. Speaking of which, took balls ordering the monster truck platter when meeting the new in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not usually. But they're much tastier than the tofu I used to take from the WF bar. And yea, haha! His mom ordered a beautiful kale salad and there I was shoveling fake bacon into my mouth. Even Jarrod had a side salad.

      Delete
  5. J's parents are awesome for going with you guys to champs- my parents certainly would not have...(sigh) looks like an amazing breakfast
    How have i missedWF soy nuggets?? Are they new?
    I need a toad style in my neighborhood, all your meals there always look soooo good!
    Hope you are staying cool in this crazy heat, it's been so hot I haven't been biking ;(
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very gracious about it! I think they'd been there before, anyway.
      Yeah, the soy nuggets are actually fairly new. maybe only the last few months have I seen them, and even then, they don't always have them.
      I am TRYING to stay cool but it is SO hard!! I biked today and almost threw up from the heat and probably dehydration, so I'll lay off for a while.

      Delete
    2. I have heard of passing out from the heat, but never throwing up from it.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.