Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Cats & Cake for the 4th

My friend Erica invited Jarrod and I and one of her other friends over for the 4th of July. We went to yoga in the morning, opting for that over the beach, and biked to her place. We settled in quickly with her accommodating cats.

This is Baba Yaga, her hairless cat, on Jarrod. She snuggles a lot because without fur she gets cold pretty easily.
                                               This is little Cleo, she's a sweetie and so small.
Jarrod and I brought juice, sparkling cider, and chips but Erica provided the majority of the delicious food (and seltzer.)

burger on a bun with avocado, tomato, mustard, and a vegan nacho cheese sauce her friend had made that was awesome with some guacamole flavored corn chips. Steamed beets on the side. I also had half a Field Roast frankfurter with relish and mustard, no bun...

                                                                       Cleo sniffin

                                                    Baba Yaga snuggling on my lap this time

Erica also bought a Klein's (kosher/parve) vegan ice cream cake!!! I wish I'd gotten a picture before it was cut because there were mini ice cream cones on top. It was adorable. And it tasted really good! It's obviously been forever since I've had an ice cream cake but this was super legit.
Thank you thank you Erica.

matching the cake, this doesn't actually sound vegan. Although maybe it's evocative of dumpstered soy milk? Anyway, this really moving collection of poetry is what I am reading right now...

8 comments:

  1. Baba Yaga!! So precious. Love hairless kitties! That ice cream cake sounds amazing. I wish I was eating that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great holiday! I avoided the yoga classes and exercise events, as I know what happens: triple the amount of people, since the schedule is significantly reduced! I'm glad you were able to get your yoga on!

    Love the kitties, and the plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, yeah, I didn't think that that's why the class might be crowded. I've been on other holidays and it's been fewer people - i guess I thought most people would have gone out of town or had better things to do but nope!

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th of July, albeit a bit late! I'm super impressed by the ice cream cake. I've heard rumours of vegan ice cream cakes round these parts, but never seen one. I would very much like to. DItto the hairless kitty - what a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, vegan ice cream cake isn't exactly a diy project either.

      Delete
  4. Erica must be a very good friend to cook up some Beets for you. Guess she must have good air conditioning too, if the kitty is getting cold in July. I see more tats you havent mentioned on da blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know if she knows i love beets! but that's why we're best friends!!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.