Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2016

V Burger and the rest of it

Breakfast oats!!!!!! maybe if I add exclamation points, it will be more exciting!!!!!!

oats, chia, strawberries, coconut flakes, and this chocolate coconut butter that Jarrod kindly bought for me a while back. It's melty in this heat but kind of hardened on the oats from the cold milk.


                                                                     SODAAAAAA

more salad with roasted chickpeas. This is romaine, tomato, carrot, chickpea, and potato with tahini and sriracha on top.
my friend J met me after work and we got some food across the street at VBurger. It's been staring me in the face since it opened months ago but I'd yet to go in. He assured me that the chili cheese fries were worth it, and he knows the best vegan food around the city, so:

Da Vinci burger: kinda sweet like an Italian meatball, but pretty good. It was a soft burger, though, and made a bit of a mess.

The chili cheese fries. The cheese wasn't very melty, nor was there much cheese on the fries, but these were good too. Ya just kind of have to mush things around.
We also went on an Oreo hunting expedition after this...successfully scoring Reese's mini Oreos (not to be confused with peanut butter Oreos.) No pictures of the pocketful of cookies I walked away with.

back to the usual, boring, healthy stuff I eat when left to my own devices. Chia pudding with almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla protein powder, and banana. The combination of protein powder and peanut butter did something disagreeable to the texture and flavor. I might have to leave out the protein powder next time. Oh, wait, i told myself I'd stop eating peanut butter anyway. Ok, problem solved.

didn't feel like making a real dinner after work at the almost-end of the week, so just a simple turmeric smoothie: frozen banana, almond milk, a little protein powder (Vega vanilla), and a lot of turmeric and ginger.

12 comments:

  1. The exclamation marks did make your oats more exciting! That coco butter spread has a crazy list of ingredients, so cool nice gift. I'm on the look out for that prickly pear soda Canada probably doesn't carry it though :( I've been on the chia protein pudding w/ banana soft serve train for weeks! It's awesome but I'll be out to the farm in a few days and away from my blender so back to my first true love: Oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it had me wondering if I could make my own - as i sit here looking at my melting coconut oil.
      Oats are allllllways good. Hope they serve you well on the farm.

      Delete
  2. That messpile of chili cheese fries looks so good. I love messy piles! And I need to make chia pudding again. It's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like messy piles too! It usually means they're more delicious. All about the ugly food in this post, it seems.

      Delete
  3. The chilli cheese fries are a little scary looking, but I'm going to take your word that they're better than they look! I'd be on that burger like a rat up a drain pipe though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What could be more exciting than breakfast oats, except maybe breakfast yogurt? I'll have to imagine exclamation points when I'm eating breakfast tomorrow to see if I enjoy it more. I've been eating salads with roasted chickpeas lately, and I highly recommend roasting them with a teaspoon or two of 5-spice powder mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Breakfast yogurt! Too much for me :)
      Yeah, i just read yr post on Terry's 5 spice chickpeas! Sounds delicious.

      Delete
  5. I might try this recipe with my Protein Supplement of choice Sun warrior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I thought about making my own too. Hope it works for you.

      Delete
  6. Wow! VBurger looks incredible! is your friend J someone other than your boyfriend Jarrod?

    The Chocolate Coconut Butter would be good on a Banana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my friend J is just J. he's a vegan and I know him from zine stuff.
      You're right! The chocolate butter would have been fantastic on a banana. If only I had any left...

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.