Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2016

Keepin Cool

Breakfast oats are backkk and better than ever

      overnight oats, chia seeds, almond, blackberries, goji berries, coconut flakes, and soy milk

                 spinach, roasted beets, carrot, sundried tomato, pepitas, tahini, and braggs

onion flavored mary's gone crackers, coconut thai curry flavored hummus, baby carrots. simple dinner.

                      Sweet Greens with ginger Evolution juice, Haxan in the background

You may remember my dear friend Greg Farrell from all the years we dated and lived together, ha. Well he's got a new book out and it's great. I ate a ABC chocolate chip cookie while reading it, which only added to the experience.

 my parents are outta town in Maine for the week. I stopped by the house to feed the cats and get some quiet time. There is a park near their house with a woods, so I took a night walk.

                                                         ehehehe peep that little tongue

                                                                    sunbathing beauty

Breakfast done right: sesame bagel with vegetable tofu cream cheese, iced espresso with soy milk, poetry, and a crossword puzzle in the backyard. It really doesn't get much better than that.

back to my apartment to love my own little black beauty. Cool, quick lunch after the bike ride back home: acai smoothie with banana, kale, Vega berry protein powder, ginger, frozen acai, and lemon! The lemon cut the sweetness and made it a lot better.

10 comments:

  1. OOOOOH THAT LIL' TONGUE! Nothing make me happier than a cat with his tongue out. Also, that salad with the beets and tahini sounds awesome. I need to make more salads like that. I get stuck in the same old salad ruts — romaine, carrots, radish, cucumber, and some bottled dressing. I need to experiment with more veggies and try a tahini-Braggs dressing bc that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!!
      The beets and tahini is my particular rut. I guess one person's rut is another person's new salad. I never eat radishes, so we're even.

      Delete
  2. Greg's book is so impressive! You know, I am not sure I have ever even really seen a hipster in real life, just on tv, movies, internet.

    The Veggie Cream Cheese sounds delish.

    Your parents are so lucky to have a pet sitter they can trust. A good reason to have kids (who live locally).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He put a lot of work into it, i know.
      The veggie cream cheese was the only flavor of tofu cc they had, which was a little weird but luckily it's good. There was like shredded carrot and scallion and stuff in there.

      Delete
  3. Do you ever blend a hunk of lemon (including skin but not seeds) into your smoothie? I really like it. Love the pink tongue and the lit up eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! But I've seen that recommended a few times now. Guess I ought to try it.

      Delete
  4. Nice summery meals! I love that shot in the woods, very mysterious! Wow, congrats to Greg! That's so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those woods are so fun. Lots of weird twists and turns due to downed old trees and not always working lit paths.

      Delete
  5. You're right about not getting better than that. Good food, some quiet time, and a puzzle. That's as close to heaven as you're likely to get on earth.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.