Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Groceries + Prep

Stir fry because that was all that was left in the fridge:

rice, tofu, carrot, broccoli, mushrooms, tamari, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, scallions, the usual.

 oats, chia, banana, blueberries, goji berries, peanut butter, almond milk to fuel the grocery trip.

Haul: avocado, onion, red potatoes, strawberries (non-Driscoll!), sundried tomatoes, vine tomatoes, garlic, a Justin's cup, prickly pear soda, almond milk, string beans, a coffee I picked up on the way back.

the store I usually go to has upped their price on hummus by a dollar! (guess they finally caught on) so I made my own from some soaked + cooked chickpeas. Blended with tahini, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic, lemon juice, and chickpea cooking water. 
 
the remaining chickpeas were tossed in salt, liquid smoke, cayenne, olive oil, and garlic powder and roasted. I also boiled some potatoes. Nice productive prep day.

                                        oat, chia, peanut butter, strawberries, almond milk

              romaine, roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots - later with a miso tahini dressing

iced coffee, avocado toast (actually I didn't toast the bread) with black salt, cayenne, and hemp seeds. I ate 2 slices.

same salad as above with the dressing on it. Really big and filling. I was eating a head of romaine a day for these lunch salads.

                     Sauteed broccoli, Sweet Earth veggie burger with a ketchup-sriracha mix.
Boring, boring, I know. I'll try to have some fun stuff for you guys next time. Hope you're all well and cool enough and giving those animals enough water...

6 comments:

  1. Those use up everything left in the fridge meals are often the best! I hope the strawberries were tasty, i have nearly given up on eating them on the east coast at all.....i go for the blueberries instead which seem to at least taste like something.
    I am perpetually annoyed by markets that raise their prices, the crummy one near me seems to do that constantly!
    Have you tried the Zahav hummus yet? It uses a lot of tahini (so you need a good one), and the baking soda makes a huge difference so it gets silky smooth.
    http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017734-zahavs-hummus-tehina
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strawberries were good! But i threw the last of them in the freezer for smoothies, as they were about to go bad.
      That hummus looks great, thanks, mine was not super smooth - i'm always a little too aware of oil and tahini amounts

      Delete
  2. Your stir fry bowl looks so good, I never make stir frys anymore and I really should. I love sun-dried tomatoes, I totally just buy them to snack on. I bought a big bag of roasted chickpeas and loved dumping them on salads, I should roast my own like you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun dried tomatoes are so perfect!! I bought some crackers today just to eat with them and hummus.
      Roasting chickpeas is super, super easy but I don't do it enough

      Delete
  3. You are eating really good! I have never made my own Hummus. Do you soak those sun-dried Tomatoes in oil or something before using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually stay pretty pliable so I don't need to do anything to them. I know some dry up, and some are packed in oil...these are juuuust right.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.