Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2016

Chloe's, Tattoos

J very sweetly got me a Chloe's giftcard for Christmas. I'd been waiting for a good reason to use it, but sometimes any day yr alive and walking around is a good enough reason. After holding off long enough, we went last week.

kale and artichoke dip with parmesan nut cheese on top. This was good but the chips they gave us to dip in it were not really.

                J got a black bean burger with guacamole (closest to you) that he really enjoyed

I got a BBQ whiskey portobello and seitan sandwich. Also very good. It had a slice of grilled pineapple on top.

We ate outside because it was crowded as hell inside, and it probably always will be. I've never walked by and not seen it crowded. Luckily, when it's nice enough, just take yr food to go and Washington Square Park is right nearby to eat on a bench.
We didn't get any desserts, but there is still a bit of money left on the card, so another stop will be made soon.
And for Shen: besides the wolf paw/human hand tattoo I just got recently, here are my other vegan/food tattoos:

This is the other tattoo I got at Gristle - all vegan ink - it's an image from an old vegan zine (I don't remember which one, sorry - I saw the image in a book about radical publications)

        blackberries - this one has a mostly poetic meaning to me, but I also am a fan of the berry...

celery root! This isn't a great shot, but I love this tattoo and never get to admire it since I never see it, ha. I love how gnarly it is. It kinda looks like Alien shooting something out of its mouth or something to me.

This is one I designed and Jarrod gave me, based off the XXX tattoo that some straight edge folks get: I didn't want to get that, fearing it'd be the kiss of death, but 1 X is a step that way. Vegan straight edgers sometimes get xvx, I threw the E in there as a circle-E for Equality. Way to over-explain things and make them less cool.
I also have an umlaut tattoo and a bunch of zine objects that are vegan related since I do the food zine... and a few animal tattoos...but I think I've shown enough skin for now, haha.

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! As soon as I saw the skull and carrot -->Please Don't Feed the Bears!!! That's my all time favorite vegan cook zine! Abjorn Intonsus pairs every recipe with a metal album and I don't know anything about the guy but he was deep into the black metal tape trading scene cause a lot of the stuff he talks about is just starting to get recognition. All of his drawings in it are awesome and he even has in interview with Carcass and instructions on how to make your own tattoo gun! The terrible thing is it's now published by Microcosm, who I am not a fan of but damn best vegan zine around - according to my rather specific tastes. I'll DM you some pictures Maud! The rest of your tattoos are gorgeous but more posts! I want to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would know it! And yea, I do recall that name now. Didn't know the background about the dude who made it though, that's awesome and yes, very much your speed, haha!
      microcosm has their problems but they do put out a bunch of cool shit.
      maybe I'll finish up the rest of the tattoos in a later post. Do you have any?? You strike me as someone who either has a ton or none, haha. But I bet yrs would all be rad too.

      Delete
    2. I have one I got like twenty years ago and at that time was super into getting more but money and access to tattooers that werent bikers doing it out of their kitchens kept me from getting more. I do think about stick n pokes, simple lines, every time I see a new zine tat you've got it inspires me to dream up what I'd do. I'll probably go that route soon and when we hangout I'm getting a tattoo from you!

      Delete
    3. I have one I got like twenty years ago and at that time I wanted to get more but money and access to tattooers that weren't bikers doing it out of their kitchen kept me from following through. I think a lot about stick n pokes, simple lines and every time you post a new zine tat it inspires me to dream up what I would do. When we hang out the first thing I want to do is get a tattoo from you!

      Delete
    4. I have one I got like twenty years ago and at that time I wanted to get more but money and access to tattooers that weren't bikers doing it out of their kitchen kept me from following through. I think a lot about stick n pokes, simple lines and every time you post a new zine tat it inspires me to dream up what I would do. When we hang out the first thing I want to do is get a tattoo from you!

      Delete
  2. That celery root is so wonderful!! Thanks for sharing your ink. Now I'm getting the itch for more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one tattoo is never enough...

      Delete
    2. I have one I got like twenty years ago and at that time I wanted to get more but money and access to tattooers that weren't bikers doing it out of their kitchen kept me from following through. I think a lot about stick n pokes, simple lines and every time you post a new zine tat it inspires me to dream up what I would do. When we hang out the first thing I want to do is get a tattoo from you!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I love that carrot! And the celery root. Thanks for showing us your vegan tattoos! Also, went back to look at the wolf-paw one, and it's super cool. I actually have that ALF logo tattooed on my arm - just the paw/fist without the words but same exact design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think i've seen yrs! I like it

      Delete
  4. The carrot and the celery root are my favorites! They are both so graphic and great. My next door neighbor and I used to talk about going to get tattoos but neither of us could ever decide what we wanted — that's what being a Libra does to you. One of the things, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The celery root and blackberries just came out of a gardening book, but the drawings were so pretty.
      There;s always time to get that tattoo!

      Delete
  5. Why would you get two root vegetables tattooed on your body that arent your favorite root vegetable? I guess I dont understand tattoos.At least the tattoo artist did a good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up backwards, so it was fun to see J's cool knuckle tats disappear.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.