Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Champs and the rest of the week

                                         Democracy Now and a berry-loaded breakfast by J

                                                  late afternoon sun and a cat in the window

garlicky spinach, mushroom, tempeh, rice, and broccoli stir fry with lots of soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger and hing

                             cold brew strained through a sock, haha, until I buy more cheesecloth

                                             Americano, chocolate chip cookie (Peacefood)


Friday was my mom's birthday and I walked through the farmer's market to find her some nice flowers and a food to make up for the lack of anything on mother's day. Stopped at this stand for some vegan focaccia for myself too. It was very good!

J and I went out to Champs this morning. He had been in Boston for a few days and came back craving vegan diner food, having stopped at Boston's version of Champs, Veggie Galaxy, the day coming back.

                                                            he got the Belgian waffle

I got the French Toast Slam - French toast, home fries, soysage, tempeh bacon, and tofu scramble.
Hmmm...food blogging reminds me I need to buy groceries.... K see ya.

10 comments:

  1. Did the sock strain it alright? A nylon would work pretty good too I bet, that I have a lot of and this is a good idea for the old coffee beans I have that I don't want to toss but taste kinda gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it worked pretty well in the sock! I used cheap espresso actually, and it definitely helped mellow out the flavor

      Delete
  2. That foccacia bread looks AMAZING! Also diggin' that tempeh mushroom spinach situation. And breakfast at Champs looks pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised how good it was, for the price - only 3 bucks.

      Delete
  3. The breakfast bowl looks a lot like mine lately, and the stir-fry looks great! I've been craving waffles lately but haven't done anything about it yet. Going out for waffles seems a lot easier than making them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this waffle was gluten free too! I have a waffle iron as well but little desire to use it.. they rarely cross my mind.

      Delete
  4. Champs really knows what vegans are missing. i would kill for those breakfasts. You are so lucky to have such a place nearby.

    The breakfast bowls are so beautiful. Hard to reconcile with the same person using a sweat sock as a coffee filter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a sweat sock, it was an ankle sock :)

      Delete
    2. well that makes it dainty and delightful then.

      Delete
  5. I am forever getting the red velvet pancakes at Champs, but now I see the error of my ways. Their whipped cream is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.