Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2016

The Dinner Party and its remnants

Soooo my best buddy at work, Scott, is moving to California in May to go to school. I wanted to give him a send off dinner party since he and I talk about food almost all day at work. He also requested a stick n poke tattoo of my face to remember me by and, well, who am I to say no? It was a small party of him and his fiancee, Erin, me and Jarrod, and my best friend Erica. Erica, Jarrod and I are all vegan, Erin is vegetarian and Scott rarely eats meat, so we were a pretty easy bunch to cook for.
I went with the tofu-broccoli curry from Isa Does It, subbing chickpeas for tofu and serving it over jasmine rice:


            I also made a raw kale salad with avocado, onion, goji berries, and nooch.

and a fruit salad with banana, mango, raspberries, blackberries, orange, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs.
Here is the tattoo I gave Scott, hahah. If you've seen my zines, maybe you'll recognize my dumb mug:


The next day I served the leftover fruit salad on top of oats for breakfast for Jarrod and I:


                                    some plants I bought for the apartment to brighten things up

made guacamole with leftover avocado and cilantro with some chips from the party. Plus a blood orange soda. The light that afternoon plus the plants were making me very happy.

                                     more leftover curry with cilantro and sriracha.
And more to come soon...

12 comments:

  1. I love that curry, I'll have tot try it with chickpeas. I love the purple flower/plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's pretty but I'm slowly killing it...

      Delete
  2. I havent been tattoo'd in 20 years but I want you to S&P next! Maybe not your face but I f*cking love that's what he got, I also miss read it at first and thought he was asking you to do a tattoo on your face to remember him by!? Ah dyslexia, or really lazy reading ahaha Sad your work mate is moving across the country but nice send off to have with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! thanks! I'm practicing a lot on J and myself - I'm gonna do a tattoo about them in response. So maybe by the time we ever meet, I'll finally be decent at it, haha.
      Yeah, when Scott asked me for a tattoo i thought he wanted me to tattoo my face on his face! It was a confusing proposition, and i didn't word it much better here...

      Delete
  3. So nice recipe look like very delicious recipe.
    Thank You for sharing us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good dinner party. I especially like the fruit selection for the dessert — great idea to add cacao nibs. I love the tattoo, but maybe not the idea of doing one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one even ate dessert! Scott & Erin drank the wine and I was too busy tattooing, haha.

      Delete
  5. If I say I'm moving, would you come cook some of that good stuff for me? Homemade tattoos optional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade tattoos are part of the deal!

      Delete
  6. I would have appreciated more shots of the actual dinner table like you show of your Mom's dinner parties. I think I would have enjoyed what you made, especially the Salad. Surprised you didnt bake for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest, I didn't get any pictures during the party - i was tattooing! Plus my mom has all the layout skills, not I.
      the oven doesn't work, otherwise I would have baked.

      Delete
  7. That tattoo is the best! Unrelated, but your mention of chips made me remember that the chips with the artichoke dip at Chloe's are totally gross; I concur.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.