Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Purple Themed

Last Sunday, Jarrod and I went down to Gowanus to visit a political comics exhibit at Interference Archive, which I've written a little about before.

In lieu of his regular J breakfast, he made us smoothies before we left: blueberries, oats, almond milk, almonds, and peanut butter. maybe also a banana? These were from the same batch but somehow look like different colors. It's like that viral What Color is the Dress meme.

                                                       The introductory wall of the show

                                                                  Alison Bechdel

                                                                Mumia Abu-Jamal
 After the show we walked over to V-Spot in Park Slope.

I got a breakfast burrito, which was tofu scramble, black beans, guac, tofu sour cream, salsa, and Daiya.

                J got the Philly cheesesteak sandwich: seitan, Daiya, onions + peppers

This breakfast is from another day, but continuing the purple theme: blueberry yogurt, oats, chia seeds, goji berries, and peanut butter. Pretty, no?

  And  a treat of a slice of gluten-free jam and almond streudel loaf from Peacefood!

13 comments:

  1. Just strolled to Park Slope eh? what is that like? i cant imagine. The Smoothies look like they are made with love. Was the Streudel Loaf and delicious as it appears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well, Gowanus is a bit out of the way - it's not like i would have walked to Park slope from where I or Jarrod live. It was just a nice day and nearby.
      The streudel loaf was very good! And i ate it a few days after buying it.

      Delete
  2. That breakfast wrap looks so much better than the wraps I make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. better than anything I could make too, though maybe more expensive

      Delete
  3. So you do a purple theme and Prince died. Maybe try an orange theme next and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my b!!!!
      maybe Donald Trump will die if i do an orange theme. Worth a shot.

      Delete
    2. EAT ORANGE!!!!
      ;)
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. Those are some good looking smoothies! I always have to put oats and/or nut butter in mine so I don't end up hungry again soon.
    I firmly believe all breakfast menu items should always be available. Sounds like a fabulous wrap!
    Ttrockwood
    Ps
    Carrots, sweet potatoes, oranges, dried apricots, curry, pumpkin bread, cheddar daiya, carrot miso salad dressing......
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't usually do oats in my smoothies but Jarrod has a Vitamix, that lucky bastard, so he can pull it off.
      Hahaha! I think i might just end up turning orange rather than him dying, but...

      Delete
    2. I have a serious pc of crap blender and i toss in a handful of "quick cooking oats" which blend up just fine. (Old fashioned oats not so much, just kinda stayed too tough)
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  5. I love all the colors with that oats bowl picture and the smoothie colors too and Alison Bechdel... as a comic artist not a color. I wish we'd made it to IA while we were there, next time, always a next time. Obviously intentional but funny how they used the same font from the book Our Bodies Our Selves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Alison Bechdel! It was a small but fun show.

      Delete
  6. You're killing me with all of these peacefood goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.