Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

mucho sandwicho

Let's make this quick and painless, I've got a lot of things to post:

         stirfry: kale, broccoli, carrot, onion, tofu, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes

           avocado toast breakfast with black salt, cayenne, and hemp seeds. coffee.

                          tofurky, cucumber, kale salad, tomato, avocado sandwich

tofurky, onion, avocado, tomato, kale salad, hummus. it's nice when I show the ingredients in the background because it's been a while and I can't quite remember everything in the sandwiches.

blueberry coconut yogurt with acai granola, oats, almonds, blackberries + raspberries. coffee.

tofurky, kale salad, daiya, spicy sauerkraut, cucumber, onion sandwich. A new roommate moved in and she's gluten-free so I wanted to use up the bread, I guess.

                                   a new GT's kombucha in carrot-ginger-turmeric flavor.

Lil Haxan relaxin'. The new roommate also has a little black cat, so photos of Haxan will henceforth be less relaxed, at least until they get used to each other.
See you tomorrow with more junk.

11 comments:

  1. Gluten-free or celiac? I hope the former, so you can still have bread lying around! I love a good sandwich, and you have lots of my favorite ingredients - avocado, tomato, onion, cucumber... throw some sprouts on that and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, oops, she's definitely celiac so I wanna keep gluten out of the house as much as possible. it wouldn't be the worst thing for me, either.
      I always forget about sprouts but you're right, they add a lot of flavor and texture.

      Delete
  2. I love a good sandwich, and all three look amazing! I love that new GT's flavor! I can only find it at Whole Foods though. I hope Haxan makes a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hadn't seen that GT's before. maybe it'll start to show up at more places.
      The cats are slowly getting used to each other...

      Delete
  3. I'm on a tofurky kick myself of late. Why is it so good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I try not to buy it often but saw it was on sale...

      Delete
  4. Your sandwiches look so nice and thick and bite-worthy. You have a real knack for combining appealing ingredients! I found GT's gingerade kombucha (my favorite flavor) at Costco last week, and we indulged in a six-pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gingerade and cranberry ones are my favorite flavors.

      Delete
  5. Damn those are fine looking sandwiches! I quite gluten in the fall and have been basically making sandwiches with rice paper wrappers, which I guess makes them like a burrito or a salad roll... kinda miss the square parcel but the gluten free bread offerings in this town suck and I'm too lazy right now to make my own. Two black cats!! Hope they become best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some impressive Sandwiches. And they stay together so neatly even though there is so much stuff in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that the peppered turkey? I always go hickory. Bought the bologna on a whim and I'm on the fence, but 89 is all googly eyes over them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.