Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2016

mostly Easter

This looks like an award or Lady Liberty's torch or something. But it's just a sandwich.

seeded wheat bread, tofu, spinach, spicy kraut, tomato, hummus. Ya know, one of them vegan sandwiches.

Romaine & salad greens, baked sweet potato, tomatoes, soy nuggets, barbecue sauce from the Whole Foods bar.

Easter morning breakfast for me and J: oats, coconut flakes, chia, mango, strawberries, almonds, and almond milk.
 
my brother surprised everyone with a 24 hr visit from San Francisco. He brought his drone and gave us some demonstrations. It was so crazy to watch! There's a camera on it too, which takes beautiful footage. So nice to see him!

The Easter table was low-key but everything was delicious: roasted potatoes, beans + tofurky sausages (my mom was vegetarian for Lent), bread, sauteed spinach, tomatoes with oil, arugula.

I brought 2 large slices of cake from Peacefood for us to split - carrot cake and vanilla. I hadn't anticipated on my brother and his friend coming as well but we all made it work. Here's Jarrod's half-eaten piece with some fresh raspberries my mom had.

As it turns out, Easter Sunday was also Jarrod's + my anniversary, which we may do more to celebrate another night. For dinner it was Chinese food leftovers with added vegetables.

J breakfast while watching Democracy now: oats, chia, almond, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, almond milk. And coffee. And democracy.

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated Easter! Very balanced eats I got to say :) How much does your WF btp (by the pound) usually comes out to? Mine is always more than I expected ($6+) and it's not a lot of food, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I know, right? it gets expensive so quickly. I've trained myself to keep it at about half a pound though sometimes it goes up to 3/4. so anywhere between 5-8. which, while it is pricey, if it stays on the lower end, it's still less than most lunches you can find in Manhattan so I can't complain too much.
      happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  2. That sandwich looks so good! I haven't had hummus for ages and the hummus / tofu / veggies combo is one of my go-to sandwich combos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea, I feel like it's one of those sandwiches that has been in the "vegetarian" corner of every menu since 1970 but there's a reason for that! it's basic, quick, and good.

      Delete
  3. aw! what fun to have easter and a surprise brother visit AND your anniversary all on one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we got very lucky! he's coming back in a month too!

      Delete
  4. That's a damn fine looking lady liberty sandwich! I always want to re-do my oats like you guys eat them. Awesome surprise family visits! Does your brother make films? I'm excited for Will Potter's drone project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont recall reading what you gave up for Lent this year.

    Always enjoy seeing the spread your mother puts out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so civilized! I'd get two slices of cake per person ;-) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.