Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

in like a lion and out like a lamb

Today's weather is beautiful but the nights have been chilly and I think temperatures are headed down again soon.
The grocery haul and the food reflect the fluctuations.

                       zucchini, string beans, carrots, shiitakes, lemons, broccoli, red potatoes

                      bananas, ginger, olive hummus, tomatoes, garlic, avocados, Justin's cup

 miso soup with seaweed, tofu, broccoli, shiitakes, carrot, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, anise

                         vegan Nicoise salad: chickpeas, green beans, potato, tomato, capers

                 another version of the above with added olives, avocado, and a tahini dressing

                                                          a page from a political art book
Fingers crossed for warmer weather. my roommate is moving out and I'm gonna try to have a dinner party in the interim between when the new one moves in so fingers crossed for that as well.

7 comments:

  1. Your miso soup looks fantastic! I love how stuffed full of veggies, mushrooms and tofu it is — no thin watery miso soup here. I was lounging out on the deck today in gorgeous sunshine at 67˚. I don't want it to get colder. I don't want it to rain. No. No. No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. That miso soup with shiitakes looks amazing. It's been cold and hot and cold and hot, and today it's kind of cold again. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather out here is totally crazy too, hot enough people are running around on the beach with shorts and no shirts and I walked out of the market with three cucumbers? I've never thought of the butcher map of an animal being similar to a countries boarders, 1970 too, that's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, dinner party! Nice! I hope it goes well (and deliciously!). Spring has been a raucous this year, I'm ready to enjoy some steady warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super healthy and inspiring as usual. Am surprised you would buy Sabra Hummus when you could either make your own or get the real thing from a local deli.

    A new roommate?! I dont know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for some warmth heading your way. We've seen hints, and I can tell you, it's beautiful. I love salad nicoise. If you roll it up really small, could you push some down the intertubes to me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great screenprint. I'm awfully tired of all the Hillary vs. Bernie infighting, but I'm glad people are speaking their minds for a change. Except for Trump. The inner workings of his mind should stay private.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.