Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Lot of Oats, some B&H, and spring

made a very large smoothie bowl the other day for dinner. It's lazy but a good way to get in a filling serving of greens when I feel like I haven't eaten enough throughout the day.

This was 1 1/2 frozen bananas, frozen collards, a few frozen strawberries, Vega berry protein powder, almond milk, and lemon topped with coconut flakes and acai granola.

                                    early Spring sky from the train platform on the way to work

      WF bar for lunch: raw kale, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, bell pepper, soy nuggets
 
 dinner salad: spinach, broccoli, carrot, tomato, tofu, capers, cayenne pepper, hummus dressing

 oats in a jar breakfast at work: oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds, blackberries, mango, almond milk

                                    same salad as above, lunch-sized portion, with added Daiya
Jarrod and I had a nice Friday: reading at a coffee shop, yoga class at 9, dinner at B&H, and a trip to Otto's Shrunken Head to see his friends' band, Lex Loser, play.

                                                                    my B&H borscht

                                                   J's B&H brown rice with veggie chili

                    A refreshing bevvie. Lime seltzer with lemon juice, stevia, and blackberries

 FINALLY I freakin got to make J breakfast. Oats, chia, goji berries, coconut flakes, almonds, blackberries, mango, and almond milk. And coffee. We know what we like and we do it well.

That's all for now.

8 comments:

  1. You know a man is into you if he is still with you after you order a big bowl of Borscht.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl? Besides the container and the toppings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like smoothie bowls are thicker than smoothies so that the toppings can sit on top and you can eat it with a spoon - I decided it would be a bowl when I was sick of adding more and more liquid to no avail.

      Delete
  3. I can feel that brisk morning air in that picture. Borscht <3 always. I've got to show you a picture of the bowl I have and see if it's the same one you have, the rim looks the same though always hidden with delicious looking stuff in it so maybe it's not the same bowl? :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the brisk morning air in that photo. Borscht <3 always. I keep meaning to show you a picture of the bowl I have that I think is the same as you have, though it's hard to really tell based on the rim, always have delicious looking stuff in that bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get borscht confused with haggis, so I was really concerned for a moment! You guys are such food twins.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.