Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

good food from a good dood

my meals are increasingly Jarrod-influenced.

                                                 not that there's anything wrong with that!

           this is granola, chia seeds, goji berries, banana, frozen blueberries, and almond milk

a friend is in a workshop taught by Kembra Pfahler and he gave me a copy of a KP designed screenprint! I thought that was really nice. Will have to find somewhere good to hang this up.

                                    J-made meal: quinoa, chickpea, onion, Brussels sprouts

                another adorable J creation: Valentine's day breakfast with a goddamn goji berry heart

he also gave me this book with a revised cover. i believe it insinuates that we're the city's most unwanted inhabitants. If you need us, we'll be scurrying across the subway tracks into our love nest.

AND he made dinner. Sauteed kale and okra, mashed potatoes with garlic, baked tofu, quinoa. What did i do for him, you might ask? well ummmmmmmmmmmm hmmmm

here is a sandwich I made for lunch with minimal ingredients in the house: tofu, hummus, grated beet, onion, spinach. Good nuff.

                keeping warm with some really nice + smoky, deep tea. the tea collection is growing

         quick snack before doing taxes: popcorn with nooch and a bit of melted Earth Balance
That's all for now. Hope you guys had a good week.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, the goji berry bowl and rat cover illustration are so cute! And that dinner sounds awesome. Baked tofu for the win! I keep meaning to try that smoky tea. I know I'd love it because I love smoked beer and all things smoky really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some women go for musicians, others go for cartoonists. He certainly pampers you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That print! A class taught by Kembra Pfahler! Augh, that is so awesome! I love your rat queen expression, it's the best. So many people complain about their eating habits derailing with relationships but it looks like J is a really good match xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like Kembra Pfahler! Isn't that rad??

      Delete
  4. Lapsang suchong is the tea choice of champions, and no mistake. You make a lovely pair of rats too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a wonderful V-day! The two of you know how to eat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.