Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

getting outta the dang house

After a bit of a break due to sickness and whatever, J and I are doing yoga more regularly again. There is a space on St. marks and right downstairs is VSpot, so we went in after a class on Friday.

                                                                J got a BLT wrap.

I got a Jamaican wrap, which wasn't flavored like I thought it'd be, plus it had melted v cheese on it that kinda overwhelmed the wrap, but it was good enough over all.
The next night my friend and I went to a show but kinda got edged out due to some drama. We went around the corner to Loving Hut instead.

my curry udon noodle soup: very good. I guess it had been years since I'd been in this place, it's still the same cheap whatever kinda fast food but they've expanded the menu and there looked to be a fair amount of interesting stuff.

they also had some tasty sounding desserts, but donuts were all that was left. (tooooo bad!!!!) I got a Boston creme. It wasn't bad, but it had been refrigerated and was kinda hard. Whatever, it's a freakin' vegan donut. Not sure where they get them from.

                                          more time with J, breakfast bowl king. I love this mug

                                       oats, almonds, blueberries, blackberries, soy milk

Continuing the blue: it was a beautiful day Sunday. Some trains were down and I walked through the West Village to get to the zine library. This is Jefferson market, a library now. Pretty nice.

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for getting out of the house! Illness and snow is a double whammy of no fun. It looks like a lot of the snow is melting! Blue skies!

    The curry dish looks super inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That churchy looking building is now a library? That's awesome! Tuesday we had big blue skies. I over-zealously declared it an early spring and we had a blizzard last night :( Luka loves fresh snow so at least she was happy trying to eat as much of it as she could while we walked. I love that mug too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i think it used to be a courthouse. It's pretty, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Always surprised how dismissive you are of Loving Hut. The Falls Church, Virginia location was100% fresh and delicious. Would have liked to hear what you did to get kicked out of the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to be dismissive, the food is good, it's just not really my thing. I'd go back.
      We didn't get *kicked* out of the show, we got *edged* out by my friends ex who showed up and she is very uncomfortable being around. When it was obvious he wasn't going to leave, we had to suck it up and go. Kinda fucked up, really, but at least she knows what she has to do to protect herself.

      Delete
  4. I wonder what it is about Loving Hut. Every time we eat there we like it and say we should go back more often, but we rarely do. It's not near our house, and is always strangely empty. We get there once a year or less. Your curry looks good — the doughnut not so much. :) Yes, the mug is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J's breakfast bowls always look so good!! Glad that you're able to enjoy yoga more often. Who puts cheese on a jamaican....anything??
    I walked by the strand a few days ago and thought of you - i was on my way to LPQ a few blocks down and had their amazing coconut milk chia pudding.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what i said! I mean, i guess there's a Jamaican beef patty with cheese but who knows how traditional that is.
      I rarely go to LPQ but that chia pudding sounds so good! Didn't know they carried that.

      Delete
  6. That donut looks like a VT donut, albeit old. I'm surprised Shen didn't ID it first! Where is the Loving Hut? I really thought we were devoid of them since the last one (8th Ave?) closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I'll ask if I'm there again. It's close to Dunwell but it definitely wasn't a Dunwell donut.
      This Loving Hut is the location off Grand Street on Bushwick Ave

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.