Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Banh mi? Banh you!

Like I said, J-rod and I been keeping busy staying posi.

Yep, very busy.
We've been planning a few real meal nights, to throw some variety into the usual meals we each make. Ya know, outside the comfort zone n' stuff. So banh mi it was.

J made salsa to eat while we made dinner, haha.
I quick-pickled some vegetables and baked the tofu.



J chopped the vegetables.
 
 Assembled on a roll: mashed avocado (instead of mayo), baked tofu, raw bok choy leaves, quick pickled daikon and carrot, cilantro, cucumber, tomatoes, soy sauce and sriracha.

                                                                       Eaten.
 Jarrod even made a pretty salad a few days later with the leftovers


This was another attempt to use different ingredients.
Ended up being quinoa, okra, spinach, tofu, and chickpeas. I believe this was J's sweet meal for my birthday.
He's a good guy, that one.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I missed these colorful, healthy posts of yours. Sounds like there's been some changes since I last checked in. Cute banana! Happy New Year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, whoa whens your birthday? Are you a capricorn? A friend's been quick pickling red onion when we eat tacos, takes it to another level it's so damn good! Then she took the left over juice and mandolined turnip into it for macro bowls. Banana hats are cheap and easy mood boosters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Nothing like some Okra to make your day special.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.