Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Family meal, salad, oats

Another cousin just moved to the city from Boston so my mom had a few family members over to welcome her:

                           Rice, broccoli rabe, corn and tomato salad. An end of summer feast.

                       Canteloupe and grape fruit salad for dessert; omnis had Italian pastries.

what I thought was a funny sign on the WF salad bar; yes, thank you for clarifying tomatoes are vegan and contain tomatoes

a non-WF lunch: broccoli, carrot, shiitake mushrooms, soba noodles in a gingery miso dressing

                                                                         fresh figs
 
 fresh figs in oatmeal with dried cranberries, cacao nibs, raw cashews, coconut flakes, chia seeds, with almond milk


                           greens, spirulina millet, avocado, roasted beets, turmeric dressing

                                                                        take two
That's all for now. One more post coming up and then we're all caught up. Hope you are well and enjoying the weather. I for one am taking it as inspiration to cook more.

6 comments:

  1. I want that bowl of oats and figs and deliciousness! Yum! The cooler weather does have me cooking a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIGS are back! Yes. This is the sign that a) autumn is here and b) nature makes the best candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta admit, thay Beet and Avocado Salad looks fantastic. You are definitely getting in your antioxidants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Shen on the beet salad...the fig bowl looks awesome too. Good to know that tomatoes are vegan... you never know these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you soak your oatmeal overnight or as is? I think it's a health policy to list all the ingredients even if it's a raw product because the roasted eggplants are cooked with canola oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I think that whole foods sign is pretty funny too. I've been known to take photos of the ingredients signs for salads i like there and then try to recreate at home....
    Love the fig oatmeal bowl that sounds like a fabulous combo!
    And that la croix coconut seltzer is the shit- and I generally hate seltzer. It goes on sale at fairway with some frequency fyi
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.