Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

What You've Come to Expect

woot
Smoothie in a bowl, that shoulda stayed in a glass - it was a little too liquidy but I wanted to top it with a granola bar and gojis and it looked prettier this way. The smoothie itself was spinach, frozen banana, coconut milk, blueberries, protein powder, ginger, and lemon. I think. It's been a while.

                                    Hax in the heat wave. Drippy and melty as a Dali clock.

                                              cat statuettes in the neighborhood on a walk

Peanutty cabbage slaw got me through the week. Cabbage, scallion, carrot, cilantro, peanut butter, agave, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, garlic.

                                                            refreshhhhhing ginger ale

                                           cabbage slaw, avocado, tofu slabs (on repeat)

                 green tea coconut ice cream! yes I just ate it out of the container with a spoon.

oats, dried apricot, frozen blueberries, dried figs, pistachios, goji berries, almond milk, chia seeds FTW
Went to a Limp Wrist show and got kicked like a million times. It's kinda swollen still? but I can walk on it.
Also went to the anniversary shows for the Tompkins Square Park riots in '88. This was during Iconicide, some crusties started a pit with a dog!!

                              drinkin my greens, this is a new one (as far as I've seen) from Suja

                      WF lunch - collard slaw, chickpeas, hummus, roasted sweet potatoes

As J would say, an austerity breakfast - low on ingredients, I blended up a frozen banana with almond milk and poured it over oats + chia seeds with frozen blueberries and cacao nibs. Still pretty great. Gotta stock up on gojis again though.
That's all for now. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Awwww, Hax. I've been feeling pretty melty lately too! That coleslaw, tofu, avocado bowl looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right out of the container is the best way to eat ice cream. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks excellent to me. Except the leg. That looks a little rough. Impressed it is shaved though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Haxan is surrendering to the heat! Your meals looks cool and refreshing though. Right in the ankle! Glad you can still move around on it. That's nice the neighbor puts out it's cat collection for everyone to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating anything out of the packet with a spoon is just common sense - saves on the washing up, therefore good for the environment and one's sanity. I like to think of the bruises as temporary gig tattoos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been away too long...great to see your healthy and yummy eats again! I love the idea of peanutty slaw.

    Looks like wild times in NYC...hope your leg is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey. Hi. Lady. Get your tush back here and post, dammit! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Dali metaphor, that's totally what Hax looks like! Yay Limp Wrist show and crusty/dog pits in the park! How was the Suja? I haven't seen that one either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ****thunkthunkthunk*****
    Are you there??
    Everything ok??? Hope the absence is because you eloped with your Hot Vegan Lover and have been otherwise occupied:))

    Your peanutty cabbage slaw looks amazing, perfect hot weather food. Poor haxan! I know the feeling all too well....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect description of Haxan. Tell her the cooler weather should be here in about a week!! I can't believe how beat up you got; I don't even like people brushing against me as they walk by.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.