Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Oats, Cats, Books

Here ya go:

Cinnamon roll with raisins, topped with vegan cream cheese. Black coffee. Damn those rolls were good.
1 frozen banana, a few frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen orange, almond milk, vanilla protein powder smoothie. I have been really lazy about buying greens lately is the only reason these aren't green smoothies. Tasty, though.

            J-inspired snack. Popcorn with olive oil, nooch, salt. Good for a bored mouth.

 Reading SCUM in the park for a feminist book club. Vegan Varg inspired Variety Coffee to-go.

Summery granola breakfast: oats, chia, goji berries, dried mango, coconut flakes, banana, nectarine, pepitas with almond milk.

Raw pad thai: zucchini noodles, avo, mango, scallion, carrot, cabbage, coconut flakes, sundried tomatoes, almond butter sauce.

Finished Scum. I was on the fire escape reading my friend Slice Harvester's book about punk and pizza - Haxan came out to sniff it.

    Oatmeal bowl: goji berries, blueberries, banana, chia seeds, coconut flakes, almond milk.

                                                                  leftover pad thai

 Lavash wrap with expired hummus (do not recommend) spinach, tomato, mushroom, avocado.
That's all for now.

17 comments:

  1. 'Hmm this pizza smells like a book...' Scum Manifesto takes me back! I have a neon blue and pink paperback I'd bought at Spartacus books in Vancouver, so many years ago, great it keeps in publication. Valerie was wild! Your food pics all have awesome color schemes which I actually believe is unintentional :) I ate bad edamame beans once and discovered what food poisoning is really like :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad edamame beans? blech!!

      Delete
    2. It's a pretty wild book. I didn't actually like it all that much, but i'm glad I read it.
      I think the blue bowl really helps pull the room together...

      Delete
  2. I've been considering embarking on a green smoothie challenge, so you caught me judging your non-green smoothie. I keep telling myself they're not milkshakes, but old habits and all that. Love the color of your bowls! I do believe that is periwinkle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, don't think I haven't noticed vegetables and greens sneaking into yr diet!

      Delete
  3. PS Haxan makes me very nervous by the window

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's ok! I only let her out when I'm out there, but she's too much of a scaredy to go further anyway.

      Delete
  4. Lots of healthy things all mixed together in bowls. Very inspiring. Where did you get the Cinnamon Roll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinnamon roll was from Whole Foods. I bought a second bag and they weren't as good/fresh. Tried to heat them in the oven to soften it and the gas just started smelling so...

      Delete
  5. Did you make the cinnamon roll?? Your oats and such breakfasts sound like such great combos, especially with the coconut.
    I actually discovered that frozen spinach works great in smoothies!
    Your fire escape sitting makes me nervous! Has it ever been inspected? The one at my old apt was seriously sketchy.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- And, get to the new Superiority burger on e9th st asap. Just ask for the vegan bun for the burger. And don't miss the strawberry sorbet.
      You're welcome :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the Superiority burger reminder!! I love Brooks Headley so I'm so happy he finally made a stand alone shop!!
      The cinnamon roll was from WF.
      Frozen spinach has always had a weird taste to me, but maybe I should try it in smoothies.

      Delete
  6. I like to think of eating expired food as advanced probiotic therapy for the stomach - what doesn't kill it will make it stronger. Or queasier. Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeee!! It made me gassy but that's all...nothing bad but nothing I'd willingly endure again.

      Delete
  7. That granola sounds super summery and tasty. Also, I am envious of your fire escape reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know Slice Harvester?? I love that dude! I have only met him a few times but I'm so proud of him and his book because he's definitely part of the punk scene here, it's like one of our own made good!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.