Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Oat bowls and Lunches

Caved and bought burgers for the 4th. They were fine.


                        Potato salad, raw kale salad, burger with avocado and mustard
This was actually what I ate the day after - the day of was a weird run around (actually I was biking and then walking) and a quick gathering at J's friends' place.

Earlier in the day I went to my friend Erica's house and we talked and I hung out with her cats. Baba Yaga you've seen before, this cute munchkin is Cleo.

Oat bowl with granola, oats, dried blueberries, goji berries, banana, coconut flakes, chia seeds, and almond milk
 
              Raw kale salad with chickpeas and tomatoes, hemp seeds and nooch on top.

Collard green, banana, blueberry, vanilla protein powder, ginger, lemon juice, and almond milk smoothie.

                      Raw kale salad, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, mushrooms, and avocado.

This oat bowl was actually dessert: coconut vanilla yogurt, blackberries, mixed berry jam, walnuts, and a sprinkling of granola.
That's all for now. It's hot.

16 comments:

  1. Yay for oats! And smoothies! I love how adaptable oats are to different weather -- cold or hot, they are always so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are also good in baked goods...and smoothies... and milks...so versatile.

      Delete
  2. Nice cooling foods for this hot hot summer, roasting out here too. Cleo has the most snuggable nuzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, Cleo is a stumpy lil baby. So sweet.

      Delete
  3. Oat bowls for dessert? My tiny mind is blown. Is it like pudding porridge? I could be down with that in a significant way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'm not sure what pudding porridge is like... It's mostly a sweet yogurt bowl with an oat topping.

      Delete
  4. Oats, kale, avocado - a few of my favorite things! It was hot here last week, but this week has been cool and very rainy. I'm sure the system is on its way to you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine too! The simple things! So far no rain here, which I'm okay with, but it is baking.

      Delete
  5. Were you already aware you ate Ital? You have been rebelling against western eating habits by mixing your foods instead of separating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is Ital? I like a good combo plate as much as the next person.

      Delete
  6. It's cooler today! So, what's up with the burgers these days? I think I'm just over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Unless they are the super expensive ones that I don't care to buy/can't afford, they're all pretty meh.

      Delete
  7. Lots of good looking food, as usual. I had a packaged veggie burger on the 4th at a friends house---dont usually like them, but whatever i had was really good. It was quinoa-based, but I didn't ask what brand it was.

    I've never been able to do collard greens in a smoothie; do you find that distinct collard green taste hides well enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, I wonder what kind! The toppings are the most fun for me.
      Ya know, the collards were not great in this smoothie - I've done them successfully before but I think the blueberries were weird with them.

      Delete
  8. The salads are making my mouth water — avocados are on my mind. What do you mean by 'oat bowl'? Is it overnight oats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, just oats with milk poured over them. more like a muesli cereal.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.