Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

J Time

Besides cuddling Haxan, Jarrod and I made sure to spend some QT before I left for Atlanta.

We had a movie night with a sorta fancy snack plate. He made the hummus (complete with gomashio sprinkling on top and olive oil and sesame oil drizzles) while I chopped the vegetables.

                                  Cucumber, flatbread, carrot sticks, bell pepper, tomatoes

                                                  Reno was bummed to see me go too.

The night before I left I went over again for some zines and we ended up ordering in Chinese food. Rice, vegetable lo mein, sesame tofu. It's a rare indulgence but it hit the spot.
Upon returning from Atlanta, I was starving and tired and had cleared out the fridge so nothing would go bad while I was gone, so J and I met up at Champs for dinner.

                                                      We split a nacho plate appetizer

I got a club sandwich, which was fine, but pretty boring. I always order wrong at Champs and it was worse this time because my brain was fried. Oh well.

Jarrod however is not as easily overwhelmed as I am: he got the Philly cheesesteak.
Good times, good dude. Next time: how I finally filled my fridge back up and learned to love the bomb.

6 comments:

  1. Nice J Time meals and adventures, both pre and post Atlanta! I need to get to Champs someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to bring up a sore subject, but I seem to recall you always ordered wrong with G as well...

    Is Jarrod in the restaurant industry? he seems to have quite a knack for culinary touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always order wrong everywhere! I never let myself just eat the food I want to eat! So stupid.
      He is not in the restaurant industry. He just has flair.

      Delete
  3. Gomasio with hummus is such a great idea! I'm going to have to remember that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sesame oil was really nice too.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.