Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2015

Prep, Farmer's market goods

Prep pays off. Or even just taking the time to grocery shop.

                                   raw kale salad, avocado, tomato, scallion, rice, lentils

 stir fry with rice, broccoli, mushrooms, carrot, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes

                        some beautiful mesclun greens/edible flowers at the farmers market

I bought sunflower sprouts instead. Couldn't let myself eat a flower. This is raw kale, sunflower sprouts, raw sunflower seeds, tomato (farmar), and a hummus dressing.

book haul, farmer's market haul. The tomato was good, the strawberries were not all that sweet, but okay.

                                                         little flower in the berry box

Raw oats with chia seeds, raisins, strawberries, coconut flakes, and almond milk. This is the last time you'll see this bowl on the blog, as Haxan was a very bad girl and knocked over all the drying dishes off the counter. There was glass everywhere >:(

Huge, thick, filling smoothie: 1 frozen banana, half a frozen mango, a few strawberries, vanilla protein powder, almond butter, water.
The end for now.

16 comments:

  1. oh my gosh reading food blogs is so hard right now. a week without a smoothie, and i feel like i'm going a little crazy. this one sounds SO GOOD.

    oh kitties. thank goodness we love them so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are having fun anyway. Hope you are eating delicious food too. Can't wait to see what yr re-cap posts continue to look like!
      Yea, I couldn't even punish Haxan's adorable face.

      Delete
  2. I love edible flowers, nasturtiums and violets are my favorites. Ooo the whole drying rack? devilish little dish destroyer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there isn't really a rack, haha. It was just all the dishes that were on the drying...cloth. She pulled it off as she jumped off the counter, I guess.

      Delete
  3. RIP bowl with blue stripes. I've lost so many dishes and glasses to bad kitties. And I also take issue with eating flowers. I've put them on my salad a time or two, and I've eaten them. But it always grosses me out a little. Like I feel like I'm not supposed to be doing that. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yea, exactly! maybe one day my teeth will deserve a flower...but not now.

      Delete
  4. Two naughty kitties in a row. Something is amiss. ;) At least Haxan is normally wonderful!

    Wowzers, I'm in love with that smoothie. Yum.

    And your salads (as well as stir-fry!) are enviable as usual. I've committed to having a salad daily, I'll be trying to take a cue from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, maybe cats are affected by mercury retrograde too! I think that's finally over now, so hopefully it gets better.
      The smoothie was so good. I hope to make it again soon.

      Delete
  5. Oh no, sadness about the bowl!! Kitties can be so mischievous but we love them all the same :) Beautiful looking meals as always. That smoothie is so beautiful, I love smoothie season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love all smoothies, year-round.

      Delete
  6. Normally any kitchen destruction is due to my cackhandedness, so I'm kind of feeling half-kitty now. Those mesclun greens look good enough to eat. Which they are, obviously. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a klutz too but usually am careful with glass! I get very paranoid about clear shards...

      Delete
  7. RIP bowl. Top Salad wins the post. Such fat lentils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your salads are always so amazing! That one with the sunflower sprouts is the winner here, i love those.
    I hope the naughty kitty was ok and no one was hurt! Good excuse to get some new ones at fish eddy's or anthropologie :)
    I love almond butter in smoothies, really adds so much flavor and makes them filling.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunflower sprouts were great! So nutty and clean-tasting.
      No one was hurt, I mopped twice! I may or may not be in the market for another bowl - we have enough, I guess.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.