Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Greens and Treats

                                                                           sunset

                                    Green Warrior Smoothie thingie from Rawpothecary

I never make quinoa! It kinda drives me crazy because it is so small it gets everywhere, but I do like it. Here is a quinoa salad with tomatoes, scallion, cilantro, avocado, red cabbage, and carrot. Probably Braggs and sriracha because that's what I do.

                                                                        JUSTINZ

                                  light dinner: celery, carrot, cherry tomato with hummus

                                               Liz Lovely Triple Chocolate mint cookie

                              Collard/cabbage slaw with curried chickpea salad from WF

                                                         WF chocolate chip cookie

                                              A Jarrod breakfast. Three kinds of berries!

               A me breakfast. Spinach, banana, protein powder, goji berries, almond milk

                                                        my mom's scary beast cat

more to come....eventually

9 comments:

  1. good balance you got going on there. Jarrod's breakfast is the highlight of the post cuz it was made with luv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa, but it's a hassle - I agree! Especially if you purchase it un-rinsed, cleaning it is a pain! Chocolate, cookies, greens, berries - I like it all!

    Goodness, kitty, we get it - no pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never actually rinse it! Is that bad?
      That cat is a JERK, later I was petting it and it attacked my hand.

      Delete
  3. The sunset, Jarrod's berry bowl and beast cats fangs are all so pretty. I want to replicate your quinoa salad -sriracha, braggs and all. I think Brendan Brazier said he toasts the quinoa in the pot to get rid of the bitter sapoins instead of the rinse/scrub method. I need to revisit quinoa, I'm getting a bit 'soy'd out' too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat ALL the berries! And all the salads too. :) I also never rinse quinoa and have never found it to be a problem. I think some suppliers may have started washing it before selling.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.