Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bready or Not

Some sky post rain:


             1 frozen banana, 1/2 orange, vanilla protein powder, almond milk smoothie

                                              hehehe foolin around with Hax and patches

Oats, coconut flakes, goji berries, dried mango chunks, chia seeds, pepitas, almond milk

Bought some ice cream on sale. It took two tries to get it home because the trains were messed up and I was afraid it'd melt by the time I got back home.

                                            Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge. Not too shabby.

 Stopped at a local gallery/reading center recently and this was up on the wall. Vegan zombies.

                 Raw collard salad, chickpeas, roasted sweet potato, hummus, sauerkraut.

                                                   more avo toast and iced coffee

Soba noodles, edamame, carrot, and sauteed dandelion greens with sesame oil, ume plum vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger.

 I tried re-creating the Rawpothecary coffee protein drink in smoothie form. This is a homemade sunflower/pumpkin seed milk with coffee protein powder, coffee, and a frozen banana. Successful! The milk was fun. I want to do that more often.
And, finally, I went to a local radical archive on opening night of a music exhibit. I had written a piece on Bikini Kill's Rebel Girl and it was published in the booklet to go alongside. Lots of really great stuff up - zines, flyers, record sleeves, a listening room, and a buncha cool punks and radicals. If you are in Brooklyn, go check it out at Interference Archive! It's free!


                                                                             Balaclava!
That's a lot to take in. I'll let that marinate and see you guys soon.

13 comments:

  1. Hahah I think Haxan needs a vest or an anarchist cape for night crusades. Gah I love that zombie comic! When you make seed milks do you use raw or roasted seeds? I'll have to put Interference Archive on the list for next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh definitely a cape and probably a lil bandana to hide her face!!! mask up!
      The seed milk was admittedly pretty off the cuff as far as seed/water ratios go but I used raw seeds.
      I hope you can come back to NYC sometime again and we can hang and visit ABC!

      Delete
  2. What a great update! Nice smoothies! It's so exciting that you continue to be published - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it's no big but thanks! It was a fun exhibit.

      Delete
  3. I mailed you stuff I dredged up while preparing for the move. you can toss it if you dont want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw one of those punk zines at work and was gonna take it but it was kinda falling apart. Yrs were in much better shape! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Pussy Riot and pumpkin seed milk! And that for that bowl with the raw collards and hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are livin' the life! Never thought of Haxan as a "this space for rent" kinda cat, but maybe everyone likes to rep their faves now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Now that Bloomberg's out of office someone had to pick up the slack.

      Delete
  6. Omg, cats in punk patches! this should be a tumblr.

    I've been curious about that Coconut Bliss flavor, but I actually don't really like chocolate ice cream. I like vanilla ice cream with chocolate things in it though!

    The archive looks awesome (and I just love love loved your Rebel Girl piece!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah!! You're right! Actually, it probably is. I googled and found this - http://www.buzzfeed.com/sbkasulke/look-at-these-19-adorable-cats-in-punk-vests#.cgjvVw657g LOL close enough!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.