Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Seed Experience and so on

Alternating and on repeat: busy, tired, stressed. But the show must go on. J and I EXPERIENCED THE SEED EXPERIENCE

At the Altman Building. Airy and not crowded! Some of the vendors were weird; I didn't entirely know what to do with myself, but we made the rounds and I got some free samples.

Spotted: Cinnamon Snail truck, pup. Adam Sobel was inside signing copies of the Street Vegan cookbook.

                                                      We opted for YeaDawg! instead

                                                                 dawgs on da grill

                                         I got a side of raw kale salad because I'm vegan
We stopped by the Gone Pie table again, I can't resist it. Jarrod had only ever tasted the GP blondie I brought him from Spreadhouse so it was time to broaden our horizons. We got the salted peanut butter caramel cup to split right away (so it wouldn't melt, ya know.)



And I also picked up the (not so) mini lemon poppyseed cake for later. Good, good stuff. Would have been great with tea and split with a friend but I wolfed it down solo the next day.

Also, this is from a different day, but more J time. We've been seeing movies at a local collective theater a lot recently. Vinnie's Pizzeria is nearby, so, after you feed your mind...

                             my spicy vegan slice with jalapenos, sriracha, and seitan pieces.

                                           he got one of those as well as an avocado slice.
Yet another night, he came over and we ate dinner in. Saving $$, eating greens:

Salad with nooch, olive oil, etc. Pasta with garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, capers, olive oil. You know how it is.
That's all for tonight. More backlog later.

10 comments:

  1. Holy crapola! Jarrod is HAWT!!! you are officially excused from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to excuse me twice. Peace!

      Delete
  2. Agreed! Very handsome young man!

    The Seed Experience looks like a lot of fun! Delicious eats, I'm totally jealous. And that pizza...mmm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza was good! Free samples were almost better because they were free. Tried a pickled Brussels sprout!

      Delete
  3. I'm in agreement, Jarrod is indeed a very handsome gentleman! It looks like you have so much fun together and get to see some really cool things! How have I not heard about any of these events or places?! Oh because I'm a hermit, ha! The eats all look amazing, definitely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, my friend texted me about this event the day of and we went on the spur of the moment; I'm not entirely in the loop either.

      Delete
  4. Cake, hot dogs, actual dogs, and hot fellas - that's some line up right there. The prize for most cracking few days on a vegan blog is yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept! I'd like to thank the academy and all of you.

      Delete
  5. I want that 'za! Looks like you guys are having fun times and good eats! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a second I thought we'd missed each other yet again, but alas- I was not at the seed. Thanks for representing; I would have chosen everything you chose (except X 2).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.