Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Salads, Not Salads

Lots of treats in the last post, here's the stuff I actually made myself, aided by a decent grocery haul:

   GF bread, tomatoes, tofu, tempeh, thyme, hummus, cream cheese, greens mix, spinach

almond butter, chocolate covered cherries, choc-covered espresso beans (dangerous!) CLIF and Luna bars, pistachios, bagels

   Salad 1: greens mix, split peas, tomatoes, red cabbage, carrot ribbons, hummus

         Salad 2: spinach, carrot, tomato, red cabbage, baked tofu, nooch, Braggs, ACV

            Salad 3: cucumber, greens mix, bell pepper, tempeh, tomato, carrot, hummus

                                                                Not a salad: bagel.

                                Not a salad 2: GF toast with peanut butter and apricot jam

Salad 4: avocado, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, red cabbage, tempeh, nooch, AVC, hummus

                         Salad 5: red cabbage, mixed greens, split peas, tomatoes, hummus
One more catch up post coming soon. Til then.

10 comments:

  1. I see some TJ's foodstuffs in your haul! Gorgeous salads, wish I liked cherry tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, actually everything in that haul was Trader Joe's. I can only do a trip there every so often.
      What is it that you don't like about cherry tomatoes?? I find them to be more consistently good.

      Delete
  2. Ye Olde Tell Tale Chomp out of the Bagel -- just couldnt wait till you had taken the pic...

    Where is Ryan, er, I mean Jarrod? Why arent you eating all meals together? what did you do with the Thyme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was hungry.
      These are mostly lunches when I'm at work. There are also the occasional days Jarrod and I don't see each other.
      The thyme was because I was feeling poorly. I boiled some water and poured it over the herbs with some lemon juice. It helps with coughs and bronchial problems. I also sprinkled some on salads and it was really good.

      Delete
  3. You've been eating some good looking greens! That bagel looks damned good. Apparently those TJs bagels in the paper bag like you got are only in the NYC area and from a bagel shop in brooklyn. I'm with you on not being able to go there very often though, its freaking stressful!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salads! And bagel! Ok, you know what would be amazing? A toasted day-old bagel panzanella. This may have to happen now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.