Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Et Cetera

The quickest, easiest breakfast around. One stop shop since OBVIOUSLY I need coffee too. Peep my desk hoarding Komucha bottle skills.

                                          Everything bagel with tofu cc from The Bean.

 Homemade muesli. Oats, raisins, goji berries, coconut flakes, chia seeds, almond milk, banana.

                                                                   Same, with coffee.

A really depressing Vega drink. I had NO food in the house, so this was Vega protein powder mixed with water, coconut-almond milk, and a bit of coffee. I felt like a sad astronaut drinking this. It's not the Vega's fault. It's mine. It needed a banana and some spinach :(

THIS is the effort level I need to stay at. Raw, vegan pad thai. Sumer is a-cumin in. Zucchini noodles, mango, avocado, red cabbage, sundried tomatoes with an almond butter sauce (AB, soy sauce, ume vinegar, water, agave, red pepper flakes.) Honestly I would have loved some scallion or carrot but this was basically an afterthought meal. I had such random stuff, some of it just wilting or already in the fridge. But rest assured I will be making this more often.

Two cookies from a well-stocked bodega in the city. I need a sugar detox at this point though.

 I didn't eat that banana, but someone else did. And then left it for everyone on the train to enjoy.

                                  Haxan eating some vegan cheese (FYH American slices)

This is literally a thing I made and ate for dinner on a sad no-groceries evening. The celery wasn't even mine. But it did the job, I guess, of...feeding me.

Vegetable soup from Vanessa's. J and I saw a Piotr Szulkin movie at Spectacle (actually we have so far seen 3 of a quartet of these semi-apocalyptic Polish films) and met at Vanessa's first. I ordered a large soup, not expecting HOW large, so I ate about 1/3 and saved the rest for dinner the next day, which was good because I have been really slacking on buying groceries and making my own meals. It's hard because I feel like I'm overbooking myself as the weather is nicer. Still trying to find a good medium between being social and hiding in my house.
Anyway, talk to you soon.

9 comments:

  1. Do you need me to send Haxan some grub? i can come get her for the summer, till you and Hotty McHot Stuff simmer down.

    The Bagel with Cream Cheese pic says, "why bother with anything else?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haxan has food! She also has all her winter hibernation weight. But you can totally come visit if you want :)
      The bagel with cream cheese says "more zucchini please"

      Delete
  2. It's always so discouraging to try to eat with nothing in the house (or six things that don't go together even a little, like a Chopped box gone especially wrong). That pad thai looks really great, though! I would eat it for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ants on a log is an adorably sad dinner. Ume vinegar is my favorite! I really appreciate the banana peel riding the subway pic. I could go for Polish post-apco flicks right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, it only barely did the trick.
      Ume vinegar is great though. Pungent.

      Delete
  4. I think the fact that it yielded the description of 'like a sad astronaut' almost made that vega worthwhile. At least the cookies are a happy counterpoint...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I may have enjoyed the cookies more than the Astro feeling.

      Delete
  5. Your blog at my comment!! I'm too lazy to retype on my damned phone. Recap: buy some canned beans and frozen stuff for desperate nights! Soup and pad thai look fab, vega to the rescue, and banana peel is totally a du champ chelsea gallery installation art.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.