Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

Cat Party!!! !

Hi Here's A Lot of Cats

With the weather getting nicer, we keep the windows open more often. Haxan likes the breeze and looking out on the greenery growing on the back wall in the yard.

I made a chocolate-coconut chia pudding inspired by the one the other day. Definitely cheaper, maybe not as tasty, but a good attempt. There was coconut-almond milk, cocoa powder, coconut nectar, coconut flakes, and chia seeds in here. I stirred it up and let it sit overnight.

I stayed overnight at my friend Erica's house the other night. There are 6 cats in her apartment!!! This one is Baba Yaga, a hairless sphinx magic monkey on top of the cabinets. She's really cuddly and slept with me part of the night.

This is Dinah, who I've known for years. She's a pretty Tortie. I'm amazed how well all the cats get along.
Sunday Jarrod and I went out for lunch. He was not feeling great and after walking around for a while we stopped at Organic Grill for some healthy sustenance.


my 20 ingredient salad with smoked paprika dressing. I couldn't even name everything in here for you, but there was Daiya, tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, olives, shiitake mushroosms, mixed greens, tomatoes, carrots, hot peppers...Good stuff.

J got a green melt sandwich with cauliflower soup. The sandwich was spinach, mushroom, avocado and other stuff... That coleslaw looks legit too. He took this picture, just like a natural food blogger!!
We saw It Follows after the meal. Anyone seen that? It was creepy but really good. A cerebral horror movie that also looks nice is one I can totally get down with.

Trying to keep up the clean eating/get my nutrients to kill this cold this morning: banana-blueberry-spirulina smoothie. Also protein powder and coconut-almond milk in there.
Hope you guys have been well. I got accepted to table at the Atlanta Zine Fest in July so I'm going down to visit some friends and palm zines off on people in the sweatiest month in the sweatiest state. Anyone ever been down there??

24 comments:

  1. Cats! I have six cats too! In a house now, but at one time, they all lived in a tiny apartment. That salad looks legit as hell. And as for Atlanta, yay!! You MUST go to Revolutions and get vegan doughnuts (better than Voodoo or any other vegan doughnuts I've had). Soul Vegetarian (which is actually all vegan) is THE BEST PLACE EVER. There's two of 'em, but I prefer Soul Vegetarian 2. Cafe Sunflower is okay if you want a fancy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips, Bianca! I will definitely make an effort to get to Revolutions. I am all about the vegan doughnuts.
      I'm staying with friends and my fingers are crossed for a home cooked meal as well, my friend can cook up an insane looking plate of stuff.

      Delete
  2. You may already know about this, but here's the best vegan guide to the ATL: http://cracktheplates.com/atlantaveganguide/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, my fave Atlanta vegan diner/seitan butcher shop — Dough Bakery — has closed. :-( Okay, I'll stop blowing up your comments now. I got excited when you said Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you are going to ATL for Zine Fest! I'm so excited for you! I love all of the kitty pics! How did the hairless kitty get all the way on top of the cabinets?! They all look so sweet.

    Finally a NYC restaurant I've actually been to, ha! :) I have been to Organic Grill once and it was really good! I had the tofu scramble. Your salad looks incredible. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a short trip and I know NOTHING about the city, but I'm excited mostly to hang out with my friends :)
      Haha Baba Yaga is lithe! She jumped up there faster than anything.
      Feeling much better today, thanks. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to fully human.

      Delete
  5. Cats! That 20 ingredient salad sounds delish, I'd have to nix the peppers but otherwise yum! A huge YAY for tabling at zine fest, that's so cool. I can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can a restaurant make a better Salad than you can make yourself? doesnt seem possible with all the creations you have come up with.

    Gorgeous Smoothie.

    Congrats on the Zinefest. Make some Zines out of papertowels and you will sells lots. Gonna be sweltering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't say it was BETTER but it was good :) That said I have made plenty of clunkers as well.
      The smoothie is pretty, right? I was out of spinach or any green, which made me feel weird but the spirulina (which is wayyyy expired) made me feel a little better, if there's anything good still left in it.
      Haha, good idea about the paper towel zines... I can already feel the heat waves from down south.

      Delete
  7. When I get home in a couple days I plan to watch It Follows and Babadook! Cool about the Atlanta zinefest! Baba Yaga is the raddest name for a sphinx cat. I couldn't imagine living with six cats, but six german shepherds I could easily do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Yeah, I've heard great things about the Babadook too - let me know what you think of It Follows!
      Baba Yaga is the BEST name! And such a sweet cat.

      Delete
  8. Cats and salad, together at last. :) I was just thinking about making a smoothie tomorrow morning! (Everyone fantasizes about breakfast 10 hours in advance, right?) Now I am totally going to soak some chia seeds so I can do that. YES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly plan breakfasts pretty far in advance, haha.

      Delete
  9. I woke up feeling like I had a cold coming on so I ate some cookies for breakfast; why don't I learn??? Do you know Jessica Mahady of Veggie Conquest fame? She knows all about Veglanta!! You can message her on FB; she's extraordinarily rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I probably ate my fair share of junk too, it's hard to put much effort into eating well when you are so drained.
      I don't know Jessica mahady but maybe I'll ask her some stuff, thanks for the tip! my friends I'm staying with are also both vegan so I'm assuming they'll know what's up as well but it might be nice to explore on my own for a bit.

      Delete
  10. Baba Yaga is just the best name for a cat I think I've ever heard. And she does look like an awesome puss. And I'm liking the look of the sammie too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your upcoming zine fest! I've only been in the airport, but I would imagine it to be humid in July! Hot-lanta! Then again, Texas in July is also hot but half the time it feels good since the stores are all giant arctic refrigerators.

    The salad looks pretty fantastic, and the cats! Ha ha! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do NOT do well in the heat, but I guess we;ll see...

      Delete
  12. Great cat pics!!
    I miss organic grill! Wwwhhaahh! They were close enough i would order in or go by on a random weeknight... Their salads are serious-and actually a meal sized salad too
    Hope you kick your cold quickly, i've got one now too i'm trying to take down with shittons of super green juice. (Clinking glasses)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are feeling better by now. The juice helped me.
      Organic Grill rules! The salad was totally massive. Jarrod helped but we couldn't even finish it together.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.