Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sun, Posi Feelings & Stuff

Hey guys! The weather has been more and more lovely. Saturday it should be 75*! On Monday I went grocery shopping and ate lunch on the fire escape.

Picnic-inspired, this is potato salad and steamed asparagus. The potato salad has ACTUAL (vegan) mayo in it! I have never been a fan of mayo, but I figured it had been forever since I tried it, so I gave it a shot. Not terrible, but I used a light hand. Also in the mix are raw chopped carrots, red cabbage, mustard, onion, and capers.
 
                                                      Haxan nibbled a little with me.

In addition to (and perhaps more importantly than) buying groceries, I threw out some stuff that I had bought last week and didn't get around to eating. Just salvagable were the raw collard salad I had made, and the last of some cherry tomatoes. I cooked up some lentils, threw on a dusting of nooch, and ate up. This was dinner and lunch the next day.

                                                    Next day breakfast. Very pleasant.

Jarrod and I went to another yoga class Tuesday night and I didn't want to eat a heavy meal beforehand, so instead I stocked up on a variety of juices, taking a tip from Shen. I drank all of the pineapple mint green juice on the left, and a few sips of the Evolution Organic V. It was a late class (9pm) so it was nice to be both refreshed from yoga and have had a fair amount of time to drink and digest before sleeping.

Passed this Keith Haring statue near Cooper Union while walking to the studio. He is a favorite of mine for sure, so I had to take a picture. There's such joy and hope in his work. I think this is a new installment.

Van's waffles were on sale for $2 a box, so I bought some. Here is one toasted up with apricot jam, cashew butter, and banana slices for breakfast.

                            more collard salad, lentils, topped with avo and cayenne pepper.
That's all for now. I've been feeling really good lately. Hopefully more delicious food and juices to come, continued not drinking (!), more bike rides and yoga to come...

20 comments:

  1. So glad that yoga has been in your routine! It's so amazing, and to see yourself progress is really rewarding. I could have gone to a class last night but was feeling so exhausted, I wimped out. I regret it!

    I love all of the collard mixes, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we are going to go to a smaller class soon though bc sometimes there are like 40+ people in the class and it's not too personalized. I could be doing it all wrong!
      No regrets, you can go again soon :)

      Delete
  2. Cool post. I dont understand folks who are anti-mayo. Great job eating the old food. Wouldnt risk letting Haxan out on the fire escape, but you know her better than I do. How soon till we get a guest post from Jarrod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like...fatty and slimy! That's my problem with it. Bleh.
      I know you do the compost/dog thing with spoiled food, but I don't have either.
      I would love to have Jarrod guest post! Not sure if we are at that point yet though...

      Delete
  3. Yay for sun and positivity and coming around to mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay what a great post! I have been loving the toasty weather lately, I'm so glad spring is finally here! Love the fire escape pics and love sweet Haxan. The Bobo's Oat Bars are so good! I haven't had one in a long time, I should fix that. The waffle looks yummy, I need some more apricot butter in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was nice and sunny but kinda cool. Anticipating days ahead though.
      Yeah, there's only one or two places I've ever seen the Bobo bars sold, but I should remember to pick them up when I can. This one had nice chunks of fruit in it.

      Delete
  5. Yes to spring and bike rides an yoga and FOOD! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like yr on a posi kick of yr own.

      Delete
  6. Mmmmm....I want that waffle breakfast. I know this sounds crazy, but I've never thought to use nut butter on a waffle instead of syrup! I've used both but not just nut butter and jam. That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! It gets all melty and delicious.

      Delete
  7. yeah actually having spring on the east coast is pretty amazing. i honestly didn't thin it was going to come this year!

    that food all looks real good. makes me want a waffle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally!! And it's gonna get better. I had no idea I even missed it so much, but I'm excited to eat outside.

      Delete
  8. My Slingshot planner says that Keith Haring's birthday is coming up - May 4th! Spring bike rides and fire escape sunning, late night yoga, these are good times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I had a feeling it might be coming up. I have a Slingshot too! :)

      Delete
  9. Ah, good weather and good food. And a cute cat. What's not to be happy about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. high five on the good feelings. Seriously. Weather here has been the best I've seen it in a while, and I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation. Potato salad = yes. I'd wrestle Haxan for the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently planted collard greens in a giant (really giant) pot on my front porch. I sure hope they grow so I can make collard salads like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.