Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

High Fiber

I mean, I think most vegan food is pretty high in fiber, but the last few days I went haaaarrrddd. My tummy is not entirely happy.

But first, here is a shot of (some) of my zine haul from the weekend. Some political stuff, some witchy stuff, some food/drink stuff, an anarcho-queer cat worship zine (haha.)

Flipped through a few zines while eating the last of the zine fest snacks - crumbled kale chip dust on top of arugula, lentils, hummus, and tomatoes.

                                        End of period sweet snack attack. With iced cawfee.
Whacked out on caffeine and chocolate, I began some major prep Monday:

Some granola for J since he's always so kind about making us delicious breakfasts. This was oats, hazelnut oil, coconut/agave syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, and dried cranberries.

                                                                          split peas

                                                                roasted sweet potato

What did I tell you? J had to get up early today so I didn't feel as guilty about him making breakfast. It was not my intention to bring granola and then eat the spoils, BUT. With his usual additions of blueberries, chia seed, and soy milk.

Tuesday's lunch (despite the prep, I left the goods at home) relying on WF salad bar again. Beet salad with apple, grape, and red cabbage, a few tomatoes, raw kale, artichoke hearts, and minty wasabi tofu. Random as hell.

                                dinner: arugula, split peas, avocado, tomatoes, sweet potato

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh what a great zine haul! I literally JUST spilled iced coffee all over myself at work and I'm not happy about it. Great looking bowls and the granola breakfast looks like perfection.

    How much are you loving this spring weather?! It's been so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I am such a klutz all the time, and even moreso when caffeinated, haha! I feel yr pain.
      The weather is supposed to go up to 80 today!

      Delete
  2. I would assume Split Peas would be too mushy to use for a Salad? Do you just soak them for a couple minutes or something?

    Pretty high falutin 'Granola' ya made. Nice to see the sun shining on your Salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cooked the split peas for about an hour? They were about the same texture as black lentils.
      It is very nice to see the sun on dinner, I agree.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you just get to enjoy the fruits of your own labor! The universe wanted you to partake together. I've never had that flavor xoxo bar...now on my radar (never did find the chocolate macaroon cookie).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that xoxo bar is a good one. Usually I get the cherry one but this is really good too. You weren't really missing much on the chocolate macaroon cookie. It was a little crumbly.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a great granola combo! Looks like that poor double chipped blue bowl has seen better days... Or that its been loved ;)
    WF salad bar does make random meals but in the best possible way.
    High fiber doesn't bother me but high fiber plus chia seeds can take me out-those are some powerful seeds!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah, my bowls are kinda like that too. much loved.
      Yeah, maybe it was the chia seeds too but I'm looking at those split peas the day after a lot of lentils...

      Delete
  5. Going to try making some granola this weekend. Mint wasabi tofu sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. making granola is so fun! Hope it came out well for you.

      Delete
  6. What did you do with the split peas? I've had a bag of them in my freezer since forever. I think it's been there so long it's now paying rent. Props on the anarcho-queer cat worship zine (want) and the almonds and chocolate (also want).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cooked them in water for like an hour, more like lentils than a split pea soup style. If yrs have been there for a while they might take longer to get soft, I've had that problem before but these were pretty fresh, if you can call dried legumes fresh.

      Delete
  7. Any mention of fiber always makes me think of this Sarah Haskins video. SO GOOD. Almost as good as actually, you know, eating fruits and vegetables. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah! I love that video! Who needs umm weird pink lemonadeish drink when there are legumes?

      Delete
  8. There's a lot to be said for crumbled kale chip dust.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.