Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2015

Food So Cute It'll Make Ya Barf

First of all, will you look at this most beautiful bowl of food.
I had to go to work Saturday morning and Jarrod did not but he got out of bed before me, made coffee and this beauty! Coconut granola, blueberries, blackberries, chia seeds, and almond milk. What a guy.


When I'm left to my own devices, breakfast looks like this, haha:

                                                          Coffee, dried figs, sad desk

Okay, okay, sometimes I can pull this together, but I was channeling him:

               Creamy buckwheat with rice milk, dried cranberries, cashew butter. Coffee.

Another day with no lunch --> Whole Foods salad bar: steamed kale, steamed golden beets, roasted red peppers, falafel balls, tabbouleh, hummus.

 I finished my newest zine. It will be sent out soon, or if you are local, I'll be tabling with it on April 26th at the Brooklyn Zine Fest!

Speaking of, I am hosting a panel on food zines at the BZF! Yesterday, Jarrod and I met up to do some work in a coffee shop. He wrote a paper, I read zines and took notes. Cool Variety cup, no?

 Then we walked to a tortilla factory and got some fresh tacos. 2 veggie tacos, no cheese, no sour cream. They had refried beans, avo, tomato, lettuce, and cilantro. This was our fuel for a Sunday night candle-lit yoga class.
After yoga we got some groceries and I watched as he did all the work again, this time for dinner:

Quinoa, Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, Field Roast sausage, onion, and kale. Oh! AND while he was cooking, his roommate shared a taste of vegan Cheezehound fresh mozzarella she had bought at the pop-up market! 1) That was very nice of her 2) It was very delicious.
Anyway, I think that's an overload on cute shit for now. See you guys later.

19 comments:

  1. i like the sounds of this new boo of yrs. <3

    i want yr new zine! i'll buy it on the blog and/or wanna do a trade? i haven't written a zine in a million years, but i could write you a letter, send you some baked goods, and give you some zines i can part with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      I emailed you! I'll send you a copy, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Dayum, Girl! How did you wrangle this perfect mate? i mean besides cloning yourself as a male. So far the female roomate is the only flaw i detect, but then she gives out vegan cheese to confuse me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart open, that's how, I think. The world works in wonderful and mysterious ways.
      The roommate is married, so I think we good.

      Delete
  3. I wish someone had gotten up to make me breakfast this morning. It probably would have been a lot better than what I dragged together. You've got to love people who will cook good food for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Awww what a great guy!! Everything looks incredible and congrats on finishing a new issue! I know you always enjoy the zine fests so that'll be great! You are a social butterfly, I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy attending the zine fests, not so sure about tabling and presenting, haha! But we will see...

      Delete
  5. Yay! Those berries look so good -- I definitely need to get my hands on some. And any dude who makes both breakfast AND dinner gets points in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The berries were super cheap but really fresh.
      Haha, I would have taken either or none - but Both! I am very lucky.

      Delete
  6. I'm not barfing, I'm swooning. Good on the both of ya! Excited for all this foodz and the zine. Hope to see you soon now that the USQ sculpture is no longer wearing a scarf (well he's actually gone, but I'm sure he's migrated to a warmer climate).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe that is the appropriate response! I am just so used to being like, "love, ewwww, boooorrrring!"
      We will run into each other soon, I know it.

      Delete
  7. Oooh, that breakfast bowl with the berries does look adorable and tasty. And TACOS FROM A TORTILLA FACTORY!!!!! Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of tasty looking food! I ordered a copy of your newest zine. I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cadry! I will mail them out tomorrow!

      Delete
  9. Skull patch in action! so happy it found a good home with you :) New issue! I wanted to respond many posts back that I'd be down with slipping a few zines off my shelf your way -I'm away from home for a month but come mid May I'll hit up your mail box. How can we make that sad desks day a little brighter? Twitterpated in the hearts of spring <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love all the patches, thank you! Phoolan is on a pair of shorts, so when the weather is better, she'll make an appearance.
      Excited for some mailbox action!
      Take care of yrself on the travels away.

      Delete
  10. Why do you guys get all the best vegan cheezes? Why can't they cross the Atlantic? Don't they make some winter migration or something? Anyway, glad to see vegan feminist perspectives out in the world. It definitely needs more of both. And more zines, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.