Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Work Week

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there neighborinos. I have been at work all week :( so here are some packed lunches, snacks at my desk, and no adventures:

Another new bar. Evolution (which makes those green juices I like so much) bar. This flavor was pepita, almond, raisin, and cranberry. Not so sweet and crunchier than LARAbars since it has a nut base, rather than fruit.

            Raw collards, adzuki beans, Treeline cashew cheese, and tomato salad for lunch.

Chelsea Hodson's chapbook-sized essay, Pity the Animal, on commodification of female bodies and the nature of submission. This was a quick read: I finished it on my lunch break while eating a tangelo.

Rice, tofu, grated carrot, steamed broccoli with rice vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil. Like a stir fry, but cooked separately.

                     Leftover rice, raw collards, tomato, and tofu with Braggs and sriracha.

                                             ABC Cocaroon (chocolate-coconut) cookie

After reading Abby's review of The Bean's new vegan offerings from Champs, and after having that Haymarket pain au chocolat the other day (I believe that was a Champs good too) I braved The Bean's coffee and picked up a croissant. Even though it was late in the day, the croissant was still flaky and delicious. The Bean's coffee is always so bad, though. I guess I didn't really need to buy a coffee since I just wanted the croissant, but it's nice to have something to sip with a pastry. First world problems, I guess.

Today's smoothie: spinach, frozen banana, cranberries, vanilla protein powder, lemon juice, rice milk + water
I still have a few makings for a meal prepared, but thought it would be good to pick up some groceries for the week:

            bananas, tomatoes, hummus, red cabbage, blackberries, portabella mushrooms

                     beets, avocados, collards, scallions, celery, an onion, and peanut butter

It was $28.11 for the haul. I have specific plans for some of it. I'll show ya that stuff tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Just jealous of the Croissant. Fortunately for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I could make a raw collard croissant wrap? Would you be jealous of that?

      Delete
    2. Go ahead and try and i will let you know how I react.

      Delete
  2. I'm diving head first into the next two weeks; there will be lots of work and I can't hide from it! Hopefully my meals stay as colorful as this grocery haul. Delicious looking croissant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have some delicious food for yrself these next two weeks.

      Delete
  3. Pity the Animal is on my list. Her Inventory project was cool. I think I have more than 600+ items in the room I am in right now, ugh, a spring clean is in order! Croissants always make me think of Wrath of Khan -I don't know if I was eating one when I watched it as a kid, or if Khans coat reminds me of a croissant... I think the latter. I like the way the smoothie is hovering over the floor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know about that Inventory project!! I hadn;t heard of it but just looked it up and that looks SO amazing! Right up my alley. Have you ever heard of Gregory Blackstock? He is an autistic savant who drew some amazing catalogs of...everything. I was really influenced by him and my OCD about 5 years ago or so and wrote a poem about everything I owned, and then drew a selection of my pens, hah! But yeah, Chelsea Hodson just so happens to be reading downtown tomorrow and I might go see her, I am very impressed with her stuff.
      A good smoothie will make you feel like levitating too :)

      Delete
    2. I'll check Blackstock out. Did you publish those poems? That's an amazing way to archive a period of your life and see what sustains.

      Delete
  4. I've been DREAMING of croissants lately! I haven't had one in almost ten years. Is it weird that I want to say "congratulations"??? Haha, I am happy for your flaky and delicious croissant experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, that is the appropriate response. And I thank you :) It was a lot of hard work chugging back that coffee but I'd like to thank my taste buds, Champs, Abby Bean, tha academy, all the vegans, and my cat.

      Delete
  5. I definitely need to get my hands on that chapbook! Read through her tumblr for awhile and it's pretty good too. Also, VEGETABLES. I should get my hands on some avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the cocoroon! Must make it to Whole Foods this week. THANKS FOR THE TIP! Also so jealous of your crescent right now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.